Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #11

Dealers are their own worst enemies

OP didn't say it was an emergency. OP didn't say it had to be fixed right away. If the unit is brought to the dealer before warranty is out, anything should be covered when the dealer can get to it. What if dealer had a 2 month backlog? That's not the trailer owners fault. And I've never had a car dealer turn me away.

SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #12
bap

Sounds to me like you are your own worst enemy, not the dealer if you expect to drop your trailer off 1 business day before the warranty expires (a weekend day) and expect it to be fixed in time. Many companies in many types of products require the warranty work to be completed by the date the warranty expires. You can't blame the dealership for you wanting to wait till the last second to get a few small things fixed that you have noticed over time.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1971 View Post
Don't take what I am going to say wrong, etex211, I am on your side but its been my experience that the dealers are busier than diesel mechanics lately. I know it is up to a 2 month wait for my dealer to get to my unit. On the other hand, I would not be too happy if I was 7 weeks into my 2 month wait only to get bumped back a couple more weeks because someone brought theirs in today and they took them right in ahead of mine. Good luck and I hope you can get your issues resolved soon.

I never asked to go to the front of the line. I only asked the dealer if I could drop my unit off next Saturday to get this warranty work done. That was when the dealer told me she would just let my unit sit on the lot until the warranty expires, and there was nothing she could do about it.

When I asked her how many jobs they currently have lined up, she told me 5 or 6. It's not like we're talking about a long wait here.

Anything that gets documented before the warranty expires should be covered under the warranty. If not, then Jayco isn't the company I thought it was. If the relationship between Jayco and this dealer isn't any better than this, then they need to find a better dealer in the area.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
Sounds to me like you are your own worst enemy, not the dealer if you expect to drop your trailer off 1 business day before the warranty expires (a weekend day) and expect it to be fixed in time. Many companies in many types of products require the warranty work to be completed by the date the warranty expires. You can't blame the dealership for you wanting to wait till the last second to get a few small things fixed that you have noticed over time.

Wow. Amazing.

So you're saying a two year warranty isn't really a two year warranty?
Old 09-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
OP didn't say it was an emergency. OP didn't say it had to be fixed right away. If the unit is brought to the dealer before warranty is out, anything should be covered when the dealer can get to it. What if dealer had a 2 month backlog? That's not the trailer owners fault. And I've never had a car dealer turn me away.

This is exactly what I was trying to do.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #16

A two year warranty covers defects that occur within that two year warranty, not defects whose repairs are completed within that warranty. Otherwise, a dealer or Jayco could fritter away the time, and never fix anything. Or is that what sometimes happens? At the least, a dealer could open a repair ticket within the warranty period and delineate the defects to be repaired. Therefore, repairs began within the warranty, regardless of how long it takes to repair them.

The worst enemy for any owner with an existing warranty is an incompetent/lazy/unfair dealer.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #17

Just a question. Did you bother to contact JAYCO about your conversation with your dealer. Hopefully you did. Your RV is still under warranty and I would think as long as you have it to the dealer before warranty expires and a service order is written up that no matter how long it takes them to complete the work that it should be covered. Again contact Jayco and report this to them Have Jayco contact the dealer. They are the ones that issued the Warranty and not the dealer.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
A two year warranty covers defects that occur within that two year warranty, not defects whose repairs are completed within that warranty.
This is the key phrase in the whole thread. I don't feel that OP is being unreasonable in asking his dealer to document the defects and have them fixed at a later date. Especially since we're talking about just days or weeks after the warranty ended. If it was 6 months or more after warranty expiration and he still hadn't taken the unit in to get repaired I can see the problem the dealer might have. I know this is a completely different industry, but I work in corporate aviation. When we buy a new aircraft there usually is a 2 year interior warranty and a 5 year nose to tail warranty. It's common practice to have all your interior squawks documented right before your 2 year anniversary to be fixed when downtime allows. I think this dealer is being incredibly unreasonable and I'd like to hear what jayco's take on it is.
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrck46 View Post
Just a question. Did you bother to contact JAYCO about your conversation with your dealer. Hopefully you did. Your RV is still under warranty and I would think as long as you have it to the dealer before warranty expires and a service order is written up that no matter how long it takes them to complete the work that it should be covered. Again contact Jayco and report this to them Have Jayco contact the dealer. They are the ones that issued the Warranty and not the dealer.

I haven't contacted Jayco yet, but I will. My conversation with the dealer was only yesterday, Saturday.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #20

I agree that if you call and it is noted that you have a issue while warranty is still valid and they can't get to it right away that it should be covered. I am still under warranty for a another year thank god but have called with issues and it is usually a 3 week time to get in for repair. I had water damage with damaged trim pieces from a leaky slide out roof and sent then pictures so they could order parts and bring it in when parts arrive to eliminate downtime. However we got into a accident with our truck and trailer aND even tho they are busy as hell they said get it there ASAP for estimate for repairs,that was 2 weeks ago and still no estimate.I would think for a major repair that's probably gonna be over 5k they would speed up the process

314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote