Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

Dealers in Atlantic Canada

This is my first post on the site! We have been doing our research, plan to buy a Jayco and visited the local dealer this weekend. Unfortunately, as much as we love the Jayco we were not thrilled with the experience at the dealer. Wondering if there are anyone on here who has experience with a dealer in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick?

Thanks so much!
Cartersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #2

Crc rv

Hi ... I have purchased 2 brand new jayco's in the last 4 years from CRC in Truro. What dealership were you at? There are three Jayco dealerships in Atlantic Canada and they are all CRC locations and all owned by the same company. Both times, I was not 100 percent impressed with the level of service I received during the initial purchase. However, The one time I did have warranty concerns, they were excellent to deal with. I must say the young man they have there that works as a tech and does the walkthrough with you is just excellent. I have called him to ask questions and he has always been awesome.
jaycocaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #3

We bought ours from CRC in Fredericton. We had a great experience!!

During our first time out camping, the guy who sold us the trailer was actually our neighbour at the park. I recognized us and came over to make sure we remembered everything from the orientation walkaround (like lighting that darn water heater!!)
Old 09-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. It was in Truro and I felt same, service just didn't seem great and that made us wonder what would happen if we needed service after the purchase. We want a Jayco and as you said, there is not another dealer. Great to know the tech was good, that helps. I think we'll go see them again and see if our impression changes.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

I see you have the 184BH - that's what we looked at - are you happy with it? This is our first purchase and that one seems like it has what we need to get going.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #6

We love it. Perfect for our young family (two small kids). Its easy to tow and maneuver, the systems aren't complicated - so its easy to setup at the campsite.

Highly recommended.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #7

A few years ago I bought a new Jayco pop up from CRC in Moncton. Never had any service issues while I had it so no experience there. I have been in there a few times over the years for parts and accessories and the staff always seem friendly enough. You could always buy on line from a place like rvdirect.
232,500 kms in 2013
200,000 kms in 2014
160,000 kms in 2015
greenenvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #8

We bought our first trailer from CRC in Truro. When we went to purchase our second trailer(a couple years later) they were $7000.00 higher on a 31 foot Travel Trailer compared to RV Direct. We purchased it at RV Direct in Albany. It cost just over $1000.00 to go get it and import. Now we are ready to purchase our 3rd new unit, a 5th wheel this time. I would like to purchase local but money talks. I talked to them today at a RV show. Told them we were interested in a new Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS. They told me there was no such unit from Jayco. They "disagreed" with me unit I showed them a quote from RV Direct and pictures online. Then they said you cannot buy this unit in Canada. I told them there were 2 on an Ontario dealer site. At this point they were getting irritated with me so I left. I don't expect them to match the US price but after I do the money conversion and allow for extra shipping, inspection etc the price should be fairly close. RV Direct can discount 30% from list, Canadian dealers should be able to do it as well. In my opinion they are too greedy and I will likely end up back in Albany New York.
2011 Silverado LTZ 6.2L Max Tow Package
scalemaster is offline   Reply With Quote