Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #1

Dealers in San Francisco area

Hi All,

I just completed my first camping trip in a rented Jayco. We took this trip to ensure all liked camping before we spent a lot of money on a new camper (I am not interested in a used camper). So the wife has not agreed to buy a camper at some point, which maybe soon as there are 2018's on the local dealers lots in the floorplan we like at a good (I think) price.

So I am starting this thread with a view to getting more information on the 2 main dealers near to San Jose CA. I did PM a couple of members here in the recent past about Pan Pacific RV in Morgan Hill and Manteca Trailer.

I have never been to Manteca Trailer but I have been to Pan Pacific in Morgan Hill. There is something about Pan Pacific that I just don't like. I did not like the fact that I had to have a salesman with me at all times while on the lot. I want to look and get an idea if a floorplan is going to work for me, so try the sofa and dinette and bed etc without a salesman hovering over me. When I walked in to the dealership build there was a front desk with a lady on it and nothing else, no other furniture nor any kind of shop that I could see. There is a service department buy I don't see any kind of bay to work on the RV, as far as I can tell they work on them outside. There are RV's parked all over the road everywhere. This just gives me a bad feeling, but I will be open minded about them so if you have gotten your RV here and have used service there please provide your feedback I want to know it all.

The same goes for Manteca Trailer at the moment I am included to drive the hour plus (not actually sure how long it takes me to get there but I know a little over 2 hours puts me in Elk Grove) to Manteca and return there for service that I know I will need as RV's are built so poorly.

I am planning on just fixing the small stuff myself as I am quite handy so it is just the big stuff I will get the dealer for.

Thanks all for all and any input and thank you to the 2 awesome members who have already provided me with valuable information.
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #2

We bought our Jayco HT 26.5RLDS at RVs of Sacramento. It's a little longer drive for you but they were very good to deal with. They were offering large discounts and even stored the unit for about 3 weeks because we didn't have a tow vehicle yet (also bought the TV in Sac.) They have a good rating on Google and I can recommend them highly.

djmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #3

I bought mine at the Morgan Hill Place. I needed a small metal piece to anchor the Murphy bed which was missing on our walk thru. They ordered it, I guess? Went to pick it up a couple of weeks after my asking for one, no phone call or contact on their part. They couldn't find it after searching for a bit so they gave me one off another unit and the service "manager" looked at me like he wanted to call me a name. When buying the trailer the service "manager" told me about all the big plans for the service dept, big shop, latest stuff, yada yada. By your description the shop is the same. They sent me a card asking how the service etc. was, included my phone number but I never heard back from them which in my mind tells me they really don't care. I had a propane regulator fail on our first trip, I replaced it myself with a Marshall instead of the cheap Chinese POS that they would have put on. Speaking of that they used wood screws to mount the regulator to the front cap which I replaced when I changed out the regulator. The "mechanics" that I saw looked more like the tweakers I see in Sonora when camping in that area. Been a machinist for 50 years so I';m pretty handy and if and when I need repairs I do them my self, if it's major I would go to a local guy who has a decent reputation.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Thanks for the feed back. I have looked at RV's of Sac but I assumed my wife would not consider going that far. I will talk to her tonight about it.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #5

I talked to both dealers. And finally decided to drive to Indiana.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:23 PM   #6

Bought a 17’ JayFeather 23bhm in Morgan Hill and have been fortunate with the service department.

After our initial trip, we had a few quality control items that they took care of but had a three week wait to get on the calendar.

Just wrapping up a three week road trip and got hammered in the Rockies from a hailstorm last week and called while on the road to get in for some repairs and for some warranty work too. Trailer is scheduled for an appointment at the end of the month.

Hopefully everything will get taken care of. Will let y’all know how it goes.

NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #7

So we did what I least expected, we decided to check out Pan Pacific RV as they had the model we liked. When I walked in they have made some changes inside it felt a little more permanent. Well we ended up buying the trailer it was how we wanted the trailer except it did not have the thermal package which I felt I could live without. I will put the details in a new thread on the travel trailer section. I will admit they were not pushy about the sale, much less so than my last car purchase. Fingers crossed they work out for us. I will admit NCMFFD's positive experience helped a lot.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #8

Just picked our TT from Pan Pacific RV Morgan Hill.
All hail damage was repaired (the fixed skylight on our model, TV antenna and one of the awning caps), warranty work on the underbelly material (due to improper install @ the factory) and washed the trailer.
The appointment was three weeks and a day out when I called from Colorado Springs after the hailstorm and it was at the dealer for ten days to complete the work and finished with plenty of time before we roll down to Tehachapi next week.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMFFD View Post
Just picked our TT from Pan Pacific RV Morgan Hill.
All hail damage was repaired (the fixed skylight on our model, TV antenna and one of the awning caps), warranty work on the underbelly material (due to improper install @ the factory) and washed the trailer.
The appointment was three weeks and a day out when I called from Colorado Springs after the hailstorm and it was at the dealer for ten days to complete the work and finished with plenty of time before we roll down to Tehachapi next week.
Thanks for the update we did buy from them, so far so good but I have not had any repairs to it since we picked it up. Then again we have not been on our first trip yet.

Are you going to Tehachapi to train spot on the famous loop?

Enjoy your trip.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
Old 09-08-2018, 07:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgale View Post

Are you going to Tehachapi to train spot on the famous loop?

Enjoy your trip.
Thanks should be a fun trip and there could be train spotting. Riding in the Tehachapi GranFondo and the course route goes past the world famous Tehachapi Loop.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgale View Post
Hi All,

I just completed my first camping trip in a rented Jayco. We took this trip to ensure all liked camping before we spent a lot of money on a new camper (I am not interested in a used camper). So the wife has not agreed to buy a camper at some point, which maybe soon as there are 2018's on the local dealers lots in the floorplan we like at a good (I think) price.

So I am starting this thread with a view to getting more information on the 2 main dealers near to San Jose CA. I did PM a couple of members here in the recent past about Pan Pacific RV in Morgan Hill and Manteca Trailer.

I have never been to Manteca Trailer but I have been to Pan Pacific in Morgan Hill. There is something about Pan Pacific that I just don't like. I did not like the fact that I had to have a salesman with me at all times while on the lot. I want to look and get an idea if a floorplan is going to work for me, so try the sofa and dinette and bed etc without a salesman hovering over me. When I walked in to the dealership build there was a front desk with a lady on it and nothing else, no other furniture nor any kind of shop that I could see. There is a service department buy I don't see any kind of bay to work on the RV, as far as I can tell they work on them outside. There are RV's parked all over the road everywhere. This just gives me a bad feeling, but I will be open minded about them so if you have gotten your RV here and have used service there please provide your feedback I want to know it all.

The same goes for Manteca Trailer at the moment I am included to drive the hour plus (not actually sure how long it takes me to get there but I know a little over 2 hours puts me in Elk Grove) to Manteca and return there for service that I know I will need as RV's are built so poorly.

I am planning on just fixing the small stuff myself as I am quite handy so it is just the big stuff I will get the dealer for.

Thanks all for all and any input and thank you to the 2 awesome members who have already provided me with valuable information.
I have brought 2 trailers from Manteca rv. And was happy w/their sales and service. I got a tent trailer ten years ago then a sixteen foot Shasta from another dealer in Reno and then the Jayco 22' from Manteca2.5 years ago and love it. Manteca RV Sales was great I was looking for a Jayco I saw on their webpage and they fond it and we made a deal....a year later I got a notice for a recall I call Manteca RV they said bring it to us we'll take care of it. Because it was snowing at my house I waited a couple weeks called them again they said bring it in in a couple days. I did... I got there about 9 am and I was leaving by ten thirty....no charge. Course I spent a few bucks in their store while waiting...Good Dealer Good people....I'd get another one from them if I need or ware out this one...I live about a hour/half from and I don't mind the drive... Go to Manteca they have a big lot full of RVs and good people working there.
Bob71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #12

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. We purchased our Jayco from Manteca RV and couldn't be happier. We searched all dealers from Gilroy to Sacramento before we purchased. We chose Manteca because they have 28 service bays, 2 detailing bays. We purchased 2 years ago and are glad we did. The Service writer, Scott, has been excellent. Supported us through the entire warranty period. If we ever buy another trailer, it will be at Manteca.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #13

I too, bought from Manteca Trailer and although the sales process was a little shaky at first, we finally made a deal and it's been fine ever since. I also deal with Scott in the service department and he's great. In fact, my Jayco FW is in their shop right now for some warranty work. If I'm ever in the market again, I would definitely go back to them, even though it's a 45 minute drive to Manteca.
Before I bought, I did shop at Pan Pacific and found them to be nice folks but they didn't have the model I wanted and wouldn't match the deal I had in Manteca anyway.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #14

We bought our Jayco 29mv class C from Manteca Trailer a year ago. We have had a great experience with them and recently had some warranty work done that went really smoothly. Would definitely buy from them again. We checked out pan pacific and were not impressed, the salesperson we dealt with creeped me out and didn’t know anything about the rigs.
KTown is offline   Reply With Quote