Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
We've been dealing with the same dealership since 1977 and they are great for both sales and service. That is one point I always make when I see complaints about things not getting fixed 95% of the time it is the dealer and not JAYCO, since they don't follow-up on parts requests or warranty work authorizations. The same goes for units delivered with defects the dealer has to do a good PDI before he gives it to the customer instead of just trying to get it off the lot.
Grumpy--I hope it's Colerain RV!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Site Team

Our dealer, The Trail Center, in North Charleston, SC is tops for sales and service.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Grumpy--I hope it's Colerain RV!
You betcha!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You betcha!!!!!
Oh good! That's who we went through with our first (and only) TT.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #15

I must say we drove all the way to Indiana to pick up our TT and the dealer (Indiana RV) was excellant. They were very plesant to work with as well as gave us the best price for our Whitehawk. My closest NY dealer was not so curtious and may me feel like i was a $$$ sign instead a customer. We made the best out of our trip by camping at Eby's CG and then taking the Jayco tour, what an experience.
bobrod901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #16

We bought our trailer from Travel Trailer Sales in Tilton, Illinois. This is another family owned business. The son of the owner is the service manager. The owner is also the salesman. When we went to look at our current trailer, it was the end of March. The dealer had the trailer all set up, all slides out, the heater on, the TV mounted and turned on, just so we could see what it would look like when all set up. I think the smaller family owned dealerships are the way to go. When you walk into a dealership, and they know you by first name, that is the way to do business.

Safe Travels,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #17

We just traded our 2010 17z for a 2012 19h in August. Got an excellent price for our trade, just the price that we would have sold it on Craigslist for and was the same price we paid for it used on Craigslist last spring.

Previous to our trading in the 17z we had been looking a couple of times at a dealer we didn't buy from. They didn't have the model we ultimately decided we wanted. We were undecided on the floor plan so we needed to look and see. Well after we got this new one, I called this other dealer because they were closer to us and was just inquiring about adding a skylight. They used caller ID to harrass me about not buying from them and then a few minutes later the owner called me and was mad that I didn't buy from them. We never gave them our phone number and I told them that they make money on service too and that they didn't have the model we wanted. He basically told me to go somewhere else and that they "put their customers first." I called Jayco and complained about this to them and they said would be contacting them and Jayco said this is a problem with other dealers also. He said they are trying to convince dealers that service is money too.

What gets me mad is now if we have some work needing done, we have to drive further to get service and can't buy parts them either.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makjps View Post
We just traded our 2010 17z for a 2012 19h in August. Got an excellent price for our trade, just the price that we would have sold it on Craigslist for and was the same price we paid for it used on Craigslist last spring.

Previous to our trading in the 17z we had been looking a couple of times at a dealer we didn't buy from. They didn't have the model we ultimately decided we wanted. We were undecided on the floor plan so we needed to look and see. Well after we got this new one, I called this other dealer because they were closer to us and was just inquiring about adding a skylight. They used caller ID to harrass me about not buying from them and then a few minutes later the owner called me and was mad that I didn't buy from them. We never gave them our phone number and I told them that they make money on service too and that they didn't have the model we wanted. He basically told me to go somewhere else and that they "put their customers first." I called Jayco and complained about this to them and they said would be contacting them and Jayco said this is a problem with other dealers also. He said they are trying to convince dealers that service is money too.

What gets me mad is now if we have some work needing done, we have to drive further to get service and can't buy parts them either.
Previous to this purchase, the bad dealer did give us an offer on a 2011 19h but he didn't have it for us to see and the offer was 1/2 the deal we got at the place we bought from in August. We had a good experience with who we bought from and was very good during the walk thru, fixed outside trim that was sloppy right during walk thru, etc.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makjps View Post
Well after we got this new one, I called this other dealer because they were closer to us and was just inquiring about adding a skylight. They used caller ID to harrass me about not buying from them and then a few minutes later the owner called me and was mad that I didn't buy from them. We never gave them our phone number and I told them that they make money on service too and that they didn't have the model we wanted. He basically told me to go somewhere else and that they "put their customers first." I called Jayco and complained about this to them and they said would be contacting them and Jayco said this is a problem with other dealers also. He said they are trying to convince dealers that service is money too.

In 1998, we bought a Coachman trailer from the local Coachman dealer. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and when I went back to the dealer asking them to put some hand rails in the shower, and some other stuff, I was told by the dealer that it wasn't their job to modify trailers. That is when I went to Travel Trailers in Tilton, Illinois. They told me that they didn't care where I bought the trailer from, that they would be more than happy to install anything I needed to help out the wife. In 2005, we bought a new Wilderness, from Travel Trailer, and to be honest, I didn't shop around. They had the floorplan we wanted, and John gave me a good price. Now, a year or so later, we wanted awnings put on the slide rooms, and over the windows. Dan, the service manager, asked if I could wait until the slow time, because, he was trying to build up enough work to keep his people employed through the winter. And, a discount would apply. In March, I called to ask about the trailer, and he laughed, and said, can you give me another week. The plan worked so well that he was overloaded with work. Now, when I went to pick up the trailer, as a "thanks for waiting" gift, they had flushed all the water lines out, and had unit ready to roll. In 2012, when the wife and I thought about a trailer for extended trips, because she was retiring in June, John had just the unit we were looking for. And, long story short, we bought it. I never went shopping anyplace else. When I took the trailer back to have them look at something, Dan said it was going to be an extra minute or so, because they were making sure the hitch was tight. With the drop frame on this unit, the equalizer hitch units tends to walk on the frame, and he wanted to make sure it was ready for the road. The next trailer we buy, or if I buy a new truck, I will go to Travel Trailers, and have them do the brake controller, or anything else I need done. I keep them, and Schied Diesel in Effingham on speed dial.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #20

We bought our first "Fiver" from a very large Keystone dealer in Duluth, MN. We ended up with lemon that had 23 problems on the first outing. This was a bran new unit. Dealer fought us on most of it and happily told us about the things they "Repaired." The camper was never really even touched.

After hearing about the Jayco dealer and their reputation down in Minong, WI, we headed down there. Have bought two new FW's from them in the last 2 years. They tell you flat out that the "Service after the sale" is what keeps us in business. I use one of the FW's for out of town work. The Sales MGR gave me his personal cell # in case I needed anything. They came 153 miles my way when my propane regulator puked and the shower plumbing began to leak.

No pressure dealer and top notch service!!!!! I'll send ANYONE I hear talking about buying an RV their way.

rotjovi2269 is offline   Reply With Quote