Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #21

Yes same Vogt and we live over 100 miles away in Comanche County so take it to the RV shop in Comanche for our yearly service.
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #22

Lifetime service scam........ no thanks.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #23

With the info provided we're can't say + or - on it. If your a dyi person I doubt it would be worth it, if you always have someone else do the work then maybe it is good. The time and diesel wasted to drag my trailer to the dealer to pick it up 3 weeks later is more then just buying the part sometimes and replacing myself.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #24

Warranty shouldn't be tied to a charged yearly thing. Fridge doesn't magically fail because the dealer didn't 'look' at it.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overogal View Post
Yes same Vogt and we live over 100 miles away in Comanche County so take it to the RV shop in Comanche for our yearly service.
Funny - local Camping World had the exact unit we wanted but when the funds hit, she was gone and Vogt had the same unit + Diesel generator so we took the drive. Can't say I loved the place but I did love the rig.

As for the warranty, this had no sway either way, However if you don't perform your own maintenance and can afford the yearly charge, why not. Seems like a good idea anyway to perform these services, warranty or not. Now if it was my old $12K travel trailer, yeah - no way I would drop the change. Luckily the rig has yet to spend 1 day in a service bay of any type (knock on wood)..

Suppose to each his own

2016 Melbourne 24K
2014 Flight Swift SLX 184BH (sold)

PHOTO ALBUMS:
2016 Melbourne 24K Mods, Tips, Info
Ortak's 2017 Melbourne 24K mods
KST-184BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #26

The motor home lot at Vogt IS really crowded! They have air more room at their towables sales area. We have had some service done there and they have always gotten it right in and right out. Never had a long wait.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #27

That's supposed to say "a lot more room". My phone often messes up what I want to say... .
Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overogal View Post
The motor home lot at Vogt IS really crowded! They have air more room at their towables sales area. We have had some service done there and they have always gotten it right in and right out. Never had a long wait.
Yeah, other than my salesmen, the old fashioned "snake oil" type, initials G.R., it was a decent experience. Just wanted a local dealer for any issues but from all the great (cough,cough) Camping World experiences many folks have posted, I may have dodged a bullet. Oh well - Fall (our two weeks of it anyway) is right around the corner so Happy Camping!

2016 Melbourne 24K
2014 Flight Swift SLX 184BH (sold)

PHOTO ALBUMS:
2016 Melbourne 24K Mods, Tips, Info
Ortak's 2017 Melbourne 24K mods
KST-184BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:27 AM   #29

Wife and I are going to buy a Class C If a dealer who was close and us being 1st time RV owners and I having physical challengers, the lifetime warranty would make it a "done deal" as long as the dealer was in line with their selling price.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #30

Proceed with caution

Way too many opportunities for a gotcha. Plus I found that with legendary wait times to get your rig out of the dealership, depending on the issue of course, its better (for me anyway) to just call a roving tech to come to the park and fix your rig.
Moving Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #31

Plemmons RV in North Carolina (where we bought our Greyhawk) puts the Warranty Forever on all of their new RVs. I am sure part of our purchase price included something for that, but it is not a separate line item that can be removed.

It is not tied to their specific dealership. If a covered item (e.g. fridge, A/C, water pump, etc.) croaks on the road, any RV dealer or independent service can replace it. There is no co-pay or deductible.

And Plemmons does not charge for the required annual inspection.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #32

That's great that they don't charge you for the inspection! We don't get ours done at the dealership (the charge there is $300 +) but we get it done at our local rv repair place for right around $100.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:22 AM   #33
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Plemmons RV in North Carolina (where we bought our Greyhawk) puts the Warranty Forever on all of their new RVs. I am sure part of our purchase price included something for that, but it is not a separate line item that can be removed.

It is not tied to their specific dealership. If a covered item (e.g. fridge, A/C, water pump, etc.) croaks on the road, any RV dealer or independent service can replace it. There is no co-pay or deductible.

And Plemmons does not charge for the required annual inspection.

Agreed. We do the same. Annual service no charge and no deductible. However not everything is covered. Ie. Slide outs. Inspection does have to be done by somebody within Warranty Forever network. Anybody outside of network has to be approved. The hassle may be the yearly inspection. You get plenty of notice. There are not a lot of dealers in the Warranty Forever network.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Even if it was on the up and up how long before the dealership when broke? I know of places that have done this then closed up and reopened under a new name with 0 liability.
If it’s the Warranty Forever it is not tied to the dealer so it isn’t affected by the dealer closing down.
2010 Chevy HHR Toad
Jday7757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
The big catch is always the annual inspection at the dealer for $100s of dollars, then when something does break oh thats not covered. Read the find print, just like extended warranties, they are in business to make money not give it away.

^ this...