Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #1

Decision not by choice

Well since someone decided they wanted our trailer more than us we are having to make a call on our next trailer.

Question for the group, family of 4 and prior bunk house although fun for youngest wasn’t always most comfortable for oldest! Anyone utilize a different floor plan with a family? We generally camp monthly, often with kids friends. Contemplating even moving to a fifth wheel are maybe just larger with slides travel trailer.

Thanks for advice as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #2

Decision not by choice

We have a gap in the age of the kids. The rlbh377 was a much bigger unit than we had immediately before. If you don't mind the size (and limit on some park options when traveling) its been great for different age kids. My older son gets the loft and my toddler daughter gets the mid bunk. During the day the toddler is glued to my wife and I if inside and my son is in the mid bunk with a console. When we have guest (my sons friends or family that joins us) there is still ample space. I really like the two sofas beside each other for all four to have a comfy seat when it's raining and nobody is hiding in another room.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #3

I still shudder at the news, what a nightmare.

Guess you'll be hitting a show or two to help you decide and match to your tow vehicle. Hopefully the budget part shouldn't be too tough I imagine from the settlement(s).
Old 01-19-2018, 08:32 AM   #4

Our family is heading to the RV show in Grand Rapids, Michigan today. I'm in a similar quandary considering an upgrade from our pop-up camper (my wife wants a toilet on board). I have a few ideas in mind. The tow vehicle will be upgraded with anything bigger than our pop up so I'm looking at both factors today. I've seen where people suggest to lean toward a 3/4 ton just to have space for future upgrades from any camper decision I make today. It's all fun. We have three kids from three to eight. I want beds to be beds and sofas to be sofas without having to change them out for day or night use. I'll report back on my likes/decisions (and also open to input here as well on the forum). Now, off to the show!

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #5

Thank y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote