Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #1

DEF-initely not good...

Uh,
Attached Thumbnails
def.jpg  
Old 08-04-2022, 05:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Uh,
Blind, not DEF…
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #3

She got DEF and felt pretty dumb afterwards.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:13 PM   #4
Site Team

CAPTION: "Honey, you won't believe the great price I just found on gas today. I'm filling up as we speak!"

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
CAPTION: "Honey, you won't believe the great price I just found on gas today. I'm filling up as we speak!"
The shop has seen an uptick in vehicles coming in with catalytic converter related codes. In almost every case, it has been E-85 in a non-flexfuel vehicle.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:49 AM   #6

Unhappy

I almost hate to tell this story as it does not reflect well on me. Back in 1982, we bought a brand-new Datsun maxima. We left town driving across the state to a wedding that weekend. We had been having a heated discussion, can't remember what about, and being young and very stupid, I told her to shut up! I pulled into a gas station by a large intersection with fast food places and a lonely full-service gas station, across the intersection. I proceeded to fill up with gas. Did I mention this new car was a Diesel model?? About the time it was almost full I saw what I was doing and saw her looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I told her what I had just done, and she replied that yes, she knew exactly what I had done. I then asked why she didn't stop me, and with a very straight face, she said I had told her to shut up! I think there is a lesson here somewhere. Suffice to say I have never again uttered those words to her.
We sat there for a few minutes and concocted a plan to get us across that busy intersection to that full-service station without stopping for cars or traffic light. We managed it and drove it straight into the single bay at the station. The fellow working there thought we might be crazy, lol. After explanations were over, he jacked us up, became the owner of some nice gas and diesel fuel to clean tools with, and sold us another full tank of diesel along with his fee for the work.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I almost hate to tell this story as it does not reflect well on me. Back in 1982, we bought a brand-new Datsun maxima. We left town driving across the state to a wedding that weekend. We had been having a heated discussion, can't remember what about, and being young and very stupid, I told her to shut up! I pulled into a gas station by a large intersection with fast food places and a lonely full-service gas station, across the intersection. I proceeded to fill up with gas. Did I mention this new car was a Diesel model?? About the time it was almost full I saw what I was doing and saw her looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I told her what I had just done, and she replied that yes, she knew exactly what I had done. I then asked why she didn't stop me, and with a very straight face, she said I had told her to shut up! I think there is a lesson here somewhere. Suffice to say I have never again uttered those words to her.
We sat there for a few minutes and concocted a plan to get us across that busy intersection to that full-service station without stopping for cars or traffic light. We managed it and drove it straight into the single bay at the station. The fellow working there thought we might be crazy, lol. After explanations were over, he jacked us up, became the owner of some nice gas and diesel fuel to clean tools with, and sold us another full tank of diesel along with his fee for the work.
We’ve all been there at some point. Thanks for sharing another “life lesson.” Hopefully you can chuckle about it now, 40 years later
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
We’ve all been there at some point. Thanks for sharing another “life lesson.” Hopefully you can chuckle about it now, 40 years later
Lol, yes, we do and if she is given enough drinks, it will come out around friends