Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #21

hi , i'm not defending jayco for there mistakes,not at all, but some times in large industries,communications,between products installers,and administration writers who make the listing are not accurate, and could bring buyers to confusion. but you'r right to say ,that at least they should appology for that

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:31 PM   #22

Dang kind of understand your frustration. We have a 2020 Jay Feather that we ordered. What bothered me was the "Mandatory Package" stuff. We had a great dealer and we went over the stuff to make sure the mandatory stuff was followed. The sport package is another issue it includes the TV but in the brochure it showed it as an option. One item that kind of was an easy fix and better than the factory was battery disconnect as I installed it at the battery and everything is shut off when I operate it. Oh that and the "enjoy the journey" pillow I never got.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolvi View Post
…Oh that and the "enjoy the journey" pillow I never got.
A pillow? Is that Jayco’s way of easing the pain after what they do to you? Ouch.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 01:30 PM   #24

could be but then on the other hand I did not get all the stickers advertising all their features you know 3 year warranty etc.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #25

Easy solution, stop buying Jayco units!
Old 11-05-2021, 07:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
Easy solution, stop buying Jayco units!
You do know why there is a problem don't you. Oh yeah let me see Jayco 84,649, KZRV 100, Keystone 80,000, Highland Ridge 3,072, Starcraft which is part of the Jayco family has 11,853 on recall. The number after the brand is the number involved. Now to put this in perspective any time we camp we do see more of one brand which means they sell more. Not knocking anyones product but I see very few KZRV products, same with Highland Ridge another Jayco family. It has to do with the number of units so seems that Jayco has a ton more but ratio wise not so much. Hey I have had a Starcraft great product.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolvi View Post
You do know why there is a problem don't you. Oh yeah let me see Jayco 84,649, KZRV 100, Keystone 80,000, Highland Ridge 3,072, Starcraft which is part of the Jayco family has 11,853 on recall. .
Jayco is defiantly not what they used to be. I don't think any RV TT manufacture is what they used to be. With around three investment companies owning the bulk of the industry, quality went down the drain. Now, basically, they are making a cardboard box look good, selling them and making millions. Just what investment companies are good at.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 10:27 AM   #28

DRP, it happened with us also, standard microwave instead of convection
rickchipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #29

My Jayco TT was advertised and specified to come with an outdoor kitchen with a built-in pull-out griddle. It was also supposed to have heated massage theater chairs which is one of the reasons I chose that extra-cost option.

The "outdoor kitchen" came with no griddle, instead, it contains two empty drawers with no connections for a griddle. It's really nothing but another storage unit.

The chairs came without the heat or massage features. These were dropped without any prior notice. Jayco offered no compensation when I asked.

I paid for all of these missing features.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:18 AM   #30

Good luck with the fight! I'm on your side. I work in aircraft deliveries and we can't just simply put a lesser equipment part without changing the work order, serial numbers, and communicating with the customer. You all that are saying " they do it to us all" and it's only a few hundred are missing the point. It all adds up to much more and the fact that Jayco is getting away with it is not acceptable. My unit came with everything I paid for or I would be joining this fight.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:17 PM   #31

I think some of us are being a little hard on them. I suspect they are using what they can get rather than not making them at all. They should offer a discount on the substituted items but I suspect price increases they have incurred due to availability and demand has made it challenging. GM has eliminated some standard features from their pickups because of the chip shortage.
Sorento
CRV
osbornk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:50 PM   #32

If you read the build sheet and talked to the manager and he would not either take money off of the price, or put the stuff in the trailer that was on the build sheet, and you did not walk away than it is on you. I checked my build sheet when I bought the 3 trailers brand new. Had a option on this trailer that was not on the build sheet and did not pay extra.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
If you read the build sheet and talked to the manager and he would not either take money off of the price, or put the stuff in the trailer that was on the build sheet, and you did not walk away than it is on you. I checked my build sheet when I bought the 3 trailers brand new. Had a option on this trailer that was not on the build sheet and did not pay extra.
You're simply not going to walk away from a trailer that you ordered and waited months to be built and delivered. By that time it's too late to start over again and hope for better results.

Jayco knows this. Their attitude is take it or leave it. They know you're most likely not going to walk away and ruin all of your travel plans over a few missing items.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9001 View Post
You're simply not going to walk away from a trailer that you ordered and waited months to be built and delivered. By that time it's too late to start over again and hope for better results.

Jayco knows this. Their attitude is take it or leave it. They know you're most likely not going to walk away and ruin all of your travel plans over a few missing items.
Same thing can happen with a new car order. Right from a KBB article.

It might also prove impossible to get precisely what you want even through a custom order. Sometimes a manufacturer advertises a feature but struggles to get the parts necessary to build it.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Same thing can happen with a new car order. Right from a KBB article.

It might also prove impossible to get precisely what you want even through a custom order. Sometimes a manufacturer advertises a feature but struggles to get the parts necessary to build it.
If that's that's the situation, then RV manufacturers need to communicate with buyers, explain what's going on, and offer solutions or compensation.

In my case, the missing items were not even mentioned or explained. I discovered them only when I went to take delivery of my trailer. That's not right. Were they hoping that I simply wouldn't notice?
Old 12-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #36

One thing I suspect never happens, is that you order an RV and find that it has a 12gal water heater instead of a 10 and you find a convection microwave instead of a regular one and a 15k A/C when you expected a 13.5k or two A/C's instead of one, and you find upgraded TV\Stereo, and other similar upgrades... and then they don't ask for a penny more from you and tell you these items are simply due to shortages of the standard items. ~CA
Old 12-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
One thing I suspect never happens, is that you order an R iV and find that it has a 12gal water heater instead of a 10 and you find a convection microwave instead of a regular one and a 15k A/C when you expected a 13.5k or two A/C's instead of one, and you find upgraded TV\Stereo, and other similar upgrades... and then they don't ask for a penny more from you and tell you these items are simply due to shortages of the standard items. ~CA
Not true.

Someone just posted that their 2022 SENECA came with a 10KW geny instead of the specked 8KW. I also had that happen in 08 our 35GS was specked to have a 400 watt Inverter and 2 batteries and it came with an 1800 watt and 4 batteries. The build sheet still listed the 400 watt and the 2 batteris.

Difference is NOBODY USUALLY SAYS ANYTHING.....
Old 12-28-2021, 09:42 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not true.

Someone just posted that their 2022 SENECA came with a 10KW geny instead of the specked 8KW. I also had that happen in 08 our 35GS was specked to have a 400 watt Inverter and 2 batteries and it came with an 1800 watt and 4 batteries. The build sheet still listed the 400 watt and the 2 batteris.

Difference is NOBODY USUALLY SAYS ANYTHING.....

That is interesting for sure, I suspect that the upgraded generator didn't eat into the dealers profits enough for the dealer to want to charge the customer more... or as you mentioned "NOBODY USUALLY SAYS ANYTHING", perhaps even the dealer wasn't aware of the changes if those changes were not on the build sheet (or not on the invoice that the dealer has to pay Jayco).
Old 12-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #39

I think you guys are giving the dealers too much credit for their rv knowledge. These guys are just sales persons that have the gift of closing a deal. I have been following sales people for over 30 years, and some of the reps with the most sales don't have a clue about what they are selling, but they can close the deal.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
That is interesting for sure, I suspect that the upgraded generator didn't eat into the dealers profits enough for the dealer to want to charge the customer more... or as you mentioned "NOBODY USUALLY SAYS ANYTHING", perhaps even the dealer wasn't aware of the changes if those changes were not on the build sheet (or not on the invoice that the dealer has to pay Jayco).

This ^
Most dealers are not going to compare the build sheet with the actual unit. You’ll be lucky if they even check for the ordered options. It’s not the dealer making the equipment substitution it’s the factory. Most manufacturers advertising stipulates their right to change equipment specifications.

I’m waiting now going on 11 months for my Jayco Greyhawk. I wonder if it will be built exactly as ordered and spec’ed.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, ladder, microwave, water heater