Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongbrown View Post
On another note, be aware that diesel fuel purchases are being limited at some stations now. I ran into this on a recent trip to the gulf. $100 limit. Wonder what’s next?
I think that is a credit card thing. I put fuel in my new TV shortly after purchasing it. The pump stopped at $100. Swiped my card again, and I was able to top off the tank.

When I had a gasser with a big tank years ago, I had the same issue, but it was $50.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #42
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
I was able to run up $199 in Southern California. Next they’ll have loan officers on site at the gas stations.
They're going to keep hiking the price until people stop buying, which isn't going to happen anytime soon. The value of anything being what the consumer is willing to pay. This being the first real post covid summer, people are flush with cash and eager to get away. Soon as this recession hits full on, as Don Meredith used to sing, " Turn out the lights, the party's over".
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:20 AM   #43

I agree. (I don’t want to start a political discussion or the thread could be closed, but)I also think “someone” is thinking if the pricing stays high more people will switch to electric, no good solutions for us rv folks that I can see in the near future.

Meanwhile, I stopped at my Walmart. They had DEF in stock, pricing moved up to $13.68 from just under $10. I need to check the local truck stop and compare the price per gallon from the DEF pump.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #44
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
I agree. (I don’t want to start a political discussion or the thread could be closed, but)I also think “someone” is thinking if the pricing stays high more people will switch to electric, no good solutions for us rv folks that I can see in the near future.

Meanwhile, I stopped at my Walmart. They had DEF in stock, pricing moved up to $13.68 from just under $10. I need to check the local truck stop and compare the price per gallon from the DEF pump.
More people can't switch to electric cars if there aren't any and there currently aren't. One dealer said his inventory of electric vehicles which aren 't pre-ordered, lasts about two hours. Furthermore it takes chips to build a vehicle be it electric or internal combustion and there currently aren't any of those. We're in the US years away from self sufficiency in chip manufacture if ever. Let China invade Taiwan, where we get the overwhelming majority of our chips and it's game over.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:35 AM   #45

I am not aware of any Electric truck that is available and which could replace a Diesel pickup's capabilities. However there are some electric cars that could replace a gas engine powered car. The problem as I see it though is that for those (a lot of people for sure) that are having a hard time paying for their fuel at this time, are also not in a position to purchase a new vehicle of any type. ~CA
Old 06-12-2022, 01:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
I need to check the local truck stop and compare the price per gallon from the DEF pump.
DEF in upper Michigan from a pump is running just over $4.10 a gallon. Just filled yesterday.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is online now   Reply With Quote