Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

Unhappy DirecTV Conections???

We purchased a new 2013 X23B Jayco last year and have the DirecTv Slimline Dish we set up at our campsites. We are able to connect it to our main inout on the backside of our trailer with no problems to view inside. However we are unable to connect to the frontside satellite input under our awning with another DirecTV receiver as we were told we could and we also cannot connect with regular TV, we asked our salesman and did what he said with no luck, so far DirecTv has had no luck as well. Any answers for me? Thanks!
mimmi t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #2

I would take it back to the selling dealer and have them diagnose why it doesn't work. Also, if you contact Jayco tech services, they may be able to point you in the right direction as to what is wrong.
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
Site Team

Can you supply a little more information?
Model #of Slimline Dish
Model # of Direct TV Receiver
Thanks
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #4

I've got a couple of questions for clarification.

1) Is your DTv LNB - the thing on the end of the arm of the dish that the cable connects to - a SWM LNB or a non-SWM LNB? A SWM LNB has only one cable connection on it, and a non-SWM LNB has four connections on it. Note: the question is how many connections the LNB has on it, not how many cables may actually be connected to it.

2) If you disconnect the satellite dish completely and disconnect the interior satellite receiver completely and you turn on the antenna amplifier and raise the over the air antenna, can you connect a TV to the outside cable connection under the awning and watch broadcast TV?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
Site Team

After you complete the test that RVHiker requested, see if you get regular tv on the outside FRONT cable connector. I believe that the outside FRONT cable connector is a tap off of the media center splitter/amp and without some rewiring, you can not connect a Sat receiver to it the way it is currently wired. I should be able to walk you through the wiring process (not difficult) after I have a better understanding as to what shows up on the FRONT cable connector. You may need to buy a high frequency slitter to get 2 connections from your sat ant. I have not heard of any TT's wired up for 2 sat dish receivers without a special order.
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote