Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #11

Thanks for the information. I did check rv direct at the beginning of my search. Their website says that my model is being discontinues and I must choose from dealer stock. And the units listed, don't have the options the unit I'm looking at does. And my family likes the options of the local unit.

This dealer does have a good reputation for service and I know several campers who have bought and been serviced by this dealer. And the dealers advertised prices are better than other Jayco dealers in my driving area.

I will inquire about going w/ the prodigy controller though.

Thanks again for the input. I hope to have this deal closed soon.

Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #12

I see a lot of people talk about RV Direct. I received a quote from them....for $2K MORE than I'm buying my White Hawk for from my local dealer. Plus they wanted to tack on $1,000 for shipping yet too. RV Direct isn't always the cheapest.

Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Loveless View Post
I see a lot of people talk about RV Direct. I received a quote from them....for $2K MORE than I'm buying my White Hawk for from my local dealer. Plus they wanted to tack on $1,000 for shipping yet too. RV Direct isn't always the cheapest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinepartner View Post
Thanks for the information. I did check rv direct at the beginning of my search. Their website says that my model is being discontinues and I must choose from dealer stock. And the units listed, don't have the options the unit I'm looking at does. And my family likes the options of the local unit.

This dealer does have a good reputation for service and I know several campers who have bought and been serviced by this dealer. And the dealers advertised prices are better than other Jayco dealers in my driving area.

I will inquire about going w/ the prodigy controller though.

Thanks again for the input. I hope to have this deal closed soon.
In your case it sounds like it's perfect for you and there is a price for that, one that dollars can't be put on. If your happy and it suits your needs then pull the trigger. You don't want to miss it based on a few hundred bucks.

As for the RV direct pricing, agreed that they may not be the best all the time, but on avg they are a good barometer that is painless to obtain IMHO. I think it depends on the unit and location your in. In both cases RVD was significantly less than any dealer within 200 miles of me. Then again we pay for "everything" here in the NE. Just once I want to walk into a dealer, car or RV and see a great deal without the haggling.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #14

I would definitely hold out for a P3. I had a Voyager on my old truck, and I can tell you there is a night and day difference between the two. Even if you have to pay $60.00 in the price difference, it's well worth it.