Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #1

Door off of track

Anyone know a good way to fix this? The door came un-tracked.

And, the picture came out sideways and I can't seem to correct that either
Attached Thumbnails
sliding door.jpg  
Old 09-12-2022, 02:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparkz View Post
Anyone know a good way to fix this? The door came un-tracked.

And, the picture came out sideways and I can't seem to correct that either
Are you talking about the shower door? Have you looked at it? Are all of the rollers still attached? If not, screw them back on when the door is in the track.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
Are you talking about the shower door? Have you looked at it? Are all of the rollers still attached? If not, screw them back on when the door is in the track.
No. The bedroom/bathroom door. Bad picture I guess.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #4

Same thing happened in my 321RSTS, the fix isn't that hard. First, there is a trim piece across the top of the door opening (mine was inside the bathroom side). Take that off, then roll the door closed so you can see what happened.

In my case, the rear "hanger" screws pulled out of the door. You'll have to take off the hanger pieces (there is a little knob you have to turn to release the hanger from the base, must get that apart to get the base off) so you can rescrew the base back into the top of the door... be sure to move it forward or back so you get an all new bite into the door. Then you can attached the hanger back to the base and good to go...

Almost.... what I did was assume if it happened once (likely due to some bouncing down the road) that it would happen again. I took a cheap pool noodle, cut a piece off about the width of the door, trimmed it length wise until I could shove it under the door to support it so the door can't bounce... I always shove it under before travel and so far, so good.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankstone View Post
Same thing happened in my 321RSTS, the fix isn't that hard. First, there is a trim piece across the top of the door opening (mine was inside the bathroom side). Take that off, then roll the door closed so you can see what happened.

In my case, the rear "hanger" screws pulled out of the door. You'll have to take off the hanger pieces (there is a little knob you have to turn to release the hanger from the base, must get that apart to get the base off) so you can rescrew the base back into the top of the door... be sure to move it forward or back so you get an all new bite into the door. Then you can attached the hanger back to the base and good to go...

Almost.... what I did was assume if it happened once (likely due to some bouncing down the road) that it would happen again. I took a cheap pool noodle, cut a piece off about the width of the door, trimmed it length wise until I could shove it under the door to support it so the door can't bounce... I always shove it under before travel and so far, so good.
Pool noodle trick it shall be. I think this happened already during delivery to the dealer. It takes out that light switch also..
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2022-09-12_15-19-44.jpg