Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2023, 10:09 AM   #1

Dripping water

I have 2022 Jayco White Hawk 27RB. First time in Snow, RVing fulltime. Large window faring is dipping significant amt of water each morning. Not using furnace for heat, Only electric fireplace and Space heaters. Humidifier and thermostat shows humidity remains at 33% and temp Stays around 65F. Options, Remedies is Appreciated
sedonaluv4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:32 AM   #2

You don't say how many are in the trailer. There's stuff on the google about how much moisture is expelled by a person during sleep, how room temp increases or decreases that amount etc, etc. Bottom line, two people will exhale about a pint of water into the air while sleeping..on average. That window is directly over your head if I recall the layout.....perfect set up for a cold surface to condense all that exhaled moisture before it is absorbed into the rest of the interior trailer space.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:44 AM   #3

There is 2 of us. We have space heater and dehumidifier. We keep bedroom door closed as our daughter is in livingroom. Keep space heater set at 65. We have that large window covered with the reflecritix on it. Leave closet cabinets open.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:11 AM   #4
RPR

The cold outside temp verses the warmer air inside and you have condensation. We have a slight condensation on a small spot on the bathroom wall inside the medicine cabinet which is an outside wall. Only after a shower. Only when temperature is cold outside. Solution we leave medicine cabinet door open when showering and no problem.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
The cold outside temp verses the warmer air inside and you have condensation. We have a slight condensation on a small spot on the bathroom wall inside the medicine cabinet which is an outside wall. Only after a shower. Only when temperature is cold outside. Solution we leave medicine cabinet door open when showering and no problem.
It's the only problem we have is the LG window. Like I said we have dehumidifier and space heaters. Some windows have a little condensation but nothing like the fairing on the LG bedroom, gushes water
Old 11-27-2023, 11:53 AM   #6

how much water is in the dehumidifier to dump in the morning? You may need to determine if the moisture being dumped into the air is happening faster than it's capable of pulling out. The humidity setting may need an adjustment lower. Your window coating, if I am clear as to what you have, is not capable of increasing the window surface temperature, only restricting interior heat from as rapid an escape. A cheap HF infrared thermometer may be a necessary tool. Some I know, successfully use bubble wrap to lock out the cold surface from condensing because it acts as a huge increase in R value presenting a warmer, non-condensing surface. You are exhaling directly into that space above you when sleeping....that's why that's where you have the problem.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:56 AM   #7

While it will not help with insulating the RV, having a small fan blowing over the window will reduce the condensation that forms on the window. ~CA
Old 11-27-2023, 12:15 PM   #8

Very little in dehumidifier in the mornings. I sprayed mold and mildew resistant at the head of the bed. It's my main concern. I will try small fan and see if helps. I just wasn't sure if there was defect or it's normal. My humidity thermometer keeps reading from 30-35% throughout
Old 11-27-2023, 12:22 PM   #9

It's normal. Your humidifier can only efficiently remove water vapor, not water that has surface condensed somewhere. The fan will help re-suspend the condensation into vapor to some degree. Good luck. If the fan doesn't give you enough solution, go the bubble wrap route. My daughter lives in a 100 year old house with double hung single pane everywhere and transitioned to bubble wrap this year....very happy with the results.

Old 11-27-2023, 12:33 PM   #10

Thank you
Old 11-27-2023, 02:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaluv4 View Post
Very little in dehumidifier in the mornings. I sprayed mold and mildew resistant at the head of the bed. It's my main concern. I will try small fan and see if helps. I just wasn't sure if there was defect or it's normal. My humidity thermometer keeps reading from 30-35% throughout
FYI, The goal of the fan is to warm the window and area to a temperature above the dewpoint temperature. Humidity meters are often inaccurate so you may want to have a couple of them, in any case once the window(s) and/or walls falls below the dewpoint, moisture forms (most often windows). In this case if for example the air temp is 70 and the humidity is 35% then the dewpoint is 41.1 degrees which means if the window gets to 41 or lower degrees then moisture will begin to form.

https://www.calculator.net/dew-point...it&x=Calculate
Old 12-02-2023, 07:14 PM   #12

What worked for us is the same as if taking a shower.

Open vent just a little, turn on ceiling exhaust fan. Circulation should help.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:12 AM   #13

The same thing happens to my Jayflight 263RBS when camping in cold weather. We are not full timers. Last trip, lows were in the high 20's and I got this.

I could not run my MaxxAir fan on the lowest setting all night because it kept the trailer too cold and made the furnace run constantly.

After we made dinner and took our showers (2 of us), I ran the MaxxAir fan on high for about 30 minutes or so. That helped and there was a lot less condensation the next morning. Of course, that makes it freezing cold in the bathroom.

Others have suggested leaving the bathroom vent open (not running) and cracking a window somewhere. I am sure that will help too.

Looks like the Jayflight models are pretty much fair weather campers. I wish I had upgraded to the Eagle with Extreme Weather package. Better insulation I would imagine and less condensation issues.

Hopefully others who have them will chime in.

Best campers for wintertime camping. Only 1 Jayco made the list.
https://www.doityourselfrv.com/winter-camping-trailers/
Woollymonster is offline   Reply With Quote