Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2022, 03:26 PM   #1

Drivers seat comfort

Hello,
I am hoping for a little help in making my drivers seat a little more comfortable using supplemental support before I just replace the seats in my 2020 Jayco Motorhome. The drivers seat is not uncomfortable when you first sit in it, but after about 20-30 minutes, it becomes uncomfortable in my lower back and legs and only gets worse over time.

Has anyone successfully resolved a similar issue with their drivers seat, either RV, car or pickup, using some sort of supplemental support or cushion? If so, do you have a product you would recommend?

Camping season is here and I really want to avoid the long, uncomfortable drives this season if I can. If replacing the seats is the best option then that's the route I will go, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if the problem could be resolved for a lot less money and time than seat replacement would take.

Thanks in advance for the help.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:59 PM   #2

I have an unused memory foam mattress and cut pieces from it for this purpose. A 4X4 size works well for low back support; just slip in between low back and seat.

Also when I had sciatica I cut pieces 1-2 inch thick to place under my leg to get relief. This was more of try a placement and see if it helps.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:20 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I’ll have to try a few things. Worst case, I’ll replace the seats.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:11 AM   #4

I use one of these lumbar support cushions: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K59NYZ
It works well for me and eliminates the lower back pain I get after long drives in the Jayco without it. My wife doesn't like it though. She just puts a small pillow behind her back.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:21 AM   #5

i went about a year driving my Ram before realizing it had Lumbar adjustments.. Now i use the heck out of the adjustments. Before that i i was using a lumbar pad i got off Ebay. It worked o.k. but the lumbar adjustments in the seat are much better
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote