Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2022, 12:59 PM   #1

Driveway Jitters

Hi. I'm mew to RVing and this forum. I'm buying a 2004 Winnbego Minnie 24'. I need to retrieve it from southern Cal. But I don't know if I can get it up the slope of my driveway without bottoming out. Easiest way I can think of to find out is to find someone with a similar sized RV and try it up my driveway. I'm willing to pay someone in the area who would try my driveway with their RV. I live in Roseville, outside of Sacramento. Need to do this soon. - Bob 916-768-9800
Bob Up The Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:02 PM   #2

So you're thinking it'll bottom out where the driveway meets the road? My friend had the same problem. The only difference was he found out on his way home with the RV. He had to fill the "V" between the street and his driveway.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:47 PM   #3

There are a lot of variables between tow vehicles and trailers. Even a similar trailer will not give you a precise enough read on the potential bottoming issue.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Up The Creek View Post
Hi. I'm mew to RVing and this forum. I'm buying a 2004 Winnbego Minnie 24'. I need to retrieve it from southern Cal. But I don't know if I can get it up the slope of my driveway without bottoming out. Easiest way I can think of to find out is to find someone with a similar sized RV and try it up my driveway. I'm willing to pay someone in the area who would try my driveway with their RV. I live in Roseville, outside of Sacramento. Need to do this soon. - Bob 916-768-9800
Those UHaul moving trucks sit very low, call the seller and find out how much overhang you have behind the rear axle and height. You may find a truck with similar dimensions. If you find it's really close but just touching there are rollers which attach to the receiver hitch/frame, made for just that situation. I've read where movable transition plates are used also. I lived on the side of Signal Mtn. in Tn. years back, we couldn't park in our driveways when snow and ice were forecast or it would have been a quick trip back down into Redbank next morning.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #5

You should measure the angle of your driveway and when you go to pick up the RV, measure the departure angle of your RV. You can use a process like this, but most likely you will need a long 2x4 to do the measurement.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/mea...gle-of-our-rv/
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote