Jayco RV Owners Forum

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Salem
Posts: 6
dual pane window question

Ok excuse the un-informed, its been 15 or more years since I have owned a 5th wheel. but my idea of "dual pane" use to mean 2 panes of glass. but when i asked about it at Jayco they are calling what looks like 1pane " thermal pane" and calling it dual pane. Whats the story here ? I just want to get away from the interior condensation of full-time use. Thanks

firedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
Grumpy's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 5,037
There is about 3/16 between panes.

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ, USA, Earth
Posts: 1,342
Thermal-pane is a brand name of dual pane windows. The gap between the panes is small enough to be difficult to see. One way to tell is to hold a lighted lighter or match up near the glass and see if you get an overlapped double image or a single image of the flame being reflected back.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.