Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #21

I had an 06 that did the same. Got an o ring kit for the pump from ebay for about $15 and installed it.(3 o rings) Was still working when I sold it 2 yrs later.
Benandtina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
In all my years of owning diesels, I cannot recall having one, or hearing of one vapor lock. My research says they do not vapor lock. Air in the fuel line will bring things to a stop in a hurry and that is why the suggestion prior to this post.
>>>>> Pressurized fuel systems do not vapor lock. It would be nice to pull codes and see if you have a low pressure issue. Knowing that old system I would suspect a fault in the fuel filter primer housing.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Okay, all you Duramax guys, I need info. ... As I walked by my truck on my way to my buddy’s truck to go fishing, I said a little prayer, got in my truck and hit the starter. If fired right off and I have not had a minute’s problem to date. I have faith that the greatest mechanic ever repaired it for me.
Have you ever had a similar problem with you Duramax? Any thoughts? If so, what was the problem?
Haven't had that problem w my Duramax, but certainly experienced those kinds of answers from the Main Mechanic!
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
As I was there to fish, I decided it would wait until after the fishing outing planned for that day.
Lordy, I love a kindred soul. I once fried a wheel bearing on my boat trailer. So badly that it sizzled as we launched the boat. Looked at my friends and said “screw it, we’ll deal with it when we get back”. Called a tow truck on the way back in and had a flatbed waiting for us when we got to the dock. Got the boat out and the whole rig on the flatbed. Fwiw, the fishing was phenomenal!

2015 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PS
2018 Cougar 344MKS
2006 Jayflight 30.5 RLS (sold)
2018 Ram 1500 CCSB 5.7, 3.92 rear (lease up)
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #25

Duramax

I have an older duramax over the years i replaced the engine fuel pump and injectors close to 400 k miles
Usually when you go to prime it to get it to start it feels soft easy to prime then gets really hard then sometimes it almost starts and you got to prime it again then your good was it really easy to prime?
Anyway that problem went away when i replaced the whole fuel filter housing from Amazon less then a 100$ comes with filter make sure fuel hoses are still sealing good coming off filter not hard to change
Not worth the bother to try and fix it or upgrade for that price it is a GM part
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote