Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

DVD issue in Jayco Jayflight

So wondering if anyone else has this issue or knows what's going on. We bought a new Phillips blu-ray dvd player for our Jayflight 31QBDS that we bought last year. Got home and it turned right on and worked perfectly. We then packed up and moved to a new campsite. Upon getting setup and settled in for the night we wanted to watch a movie. The Dvd player wouldn't turn on. I tried several times and no dice. I unplugged it and plugged it into a new outlet and it turned right on. Now here's the kicker. Plugged it back into the original outlet and it turned right on. Well this happened a couple of times and so I thought it was the DVD player, so I took it back and exchanged it.

The new DVD player is doing the same thing. This time I tested the outlet and i have 120 volts to that outlet but dvd player still won't turn on. I moved it to another outlet and it turned on. Moved it back to the original spot and it worked.

Any ideas? I am totally lost?
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Only a far-fetched thought, but with the 120 volt cord detached, I'd remove that first outlet, and check the wire connections on it. I've seen ones where they use the "push in" connections instead of the screw terminals, and there can be an intermittent loose wire, until you jiggle it enough to make contact again. This happened to us on a previous SOB trailer. We reconnected the wires to the screw terminals, and all was fine. Either that, or it didn't really like the movie you were going to watch! LOL

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

Check your wiring at the outlet. I had a problem with a shop outlet, drill wouldn't run but I had 110v. Took the outlet apart and found a loose neutral( white ) wire. It made enough contact to read voltage, but would "drop out" when a load was applied.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #4

So, I'm not a hundred percent sure quite yet but it seems that my iRV stereo system has something to do with dvd issue. By pure accident my wife turned the radio on first and then the DVD player and it turned on perfectly. Since then we have turned on the radio first and the DVD always turns on. Not sure why it is that way but it is what it is. LOL Hope this helps someone else in the future.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #5

That's a feature, not a bug. We used to call that PFM. (Pure F'n Magic) All technologies have that feature somewhere, you just happened to find yours right away.
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote