Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The company that bought them out is headquartered in Wisconsin. Same company that owns Marinco and several other RV & Marine Electrical accessories, Park Power Products..
Yes that's it. The PI EMS is now made in Juarez Mexico. Grumpy, any thoughts on the new Hughes Watchdog Ems? I saw on another post member Vicr [who is an electrician] stated that this was the best EMS on the market today. Just curious as I'm awaiting my replacement from Progressive.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Yes that's it. The PI EMS is now made in Juarez Mexico. Grumpy, any thoughts on the new Hughes Watchdog Ems? I saw on another post member Vicr [who is an electrician] stated that this was the best EMS on the market today. Just curious as I'm awaiting my replacement from Progressive.
I wouldn't let the fact that PI is made in Mexico be of any concern. With the exception of Whirlpool that is where many appliances are made too. As to HUGHES if you look at their brochure it says "PROUDLY ENGINEERED IN AMERICA" nothing about "MADE IN AMERICA" so it's obviously made out of the country too.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #23

My EMS-PT50X is 2 years old and my problem is the cord has come out of the male plug, so when it is plugged in the whole unit is now supported solely by the power wires. I sent an E-mail with photos to the Technical Support link on their web site yesterday and received the following response:

"We no longer do repairs.
Please go to our website www.progressiveindustries.net got to Support and Resources and then Warranty and File a warranty claim."

I will be doing that today and wait to see what happens next. I could replace the plug myself, but that would void the warranty.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #24

We have a 2019 27RL. My progressive failed 4 months after new. The soldered connection to the inverter came out and was not charging the battery. I figured wait time at the dealer would be months so I first did a field soder repair to finish our trip then replaced it myself. Also I had added solar and a new circuit for my scooter lift on the back of the rv and I figured the warranty would probably be claimed to be voided anyway. Solder gun and multi meter are definitely in my tool kit now.
The original punch plate for the circuit board was misshaped and the lug would not go all the way in resulting in a poor connection.
Rfidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I wouldn't let the fact that PI is made in Mexico be of any concern. With the exception of Whirlpool that is where many appliances are made too. As to HUGHES if you look at their brochure it says "PROUDLY ENGINEERED IN AMERICA" nothing about "MADE IN AMERICA" so it's obviously made out of the country too.
Oh no that doesn't bother me at all. Many quality parts are made abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
My EMS-PT50X is 2 years old and my problem is the cord has come out of the male plug, so when it is plugged in the whole unit is now supported solely by the power wires. I sent an E-mail with photos to the Technical Support link on their web site yesterday and received the following response:

"We no longer do repairs.
Please go to our website www.progressiveindustries.net got to Support and Resources and then Warranty and File a warranty claim."

I will be doing that today and wait to see what happens next. I could replace the plug myself, but that would void the warranty.
That's what I did and now waiting for approval and hopefully the delivery on a new unit.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #26

Wow that was quick. Just received an e-mail from Progressive that the warranty claim was approved and the new unit should be here in 7-10 days. Great customer service.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #27

I submitted my warranty claim this morning and I just received the following:

Hello ,
Your Warranty Claim has been reviewed and approved. Your warranty order has been entered, with expected shipping sometime in the next 7 to 10 business days. Tracking available upon request once unit ships. Your defective unit does Not need to be return. Please cut the plug off and throw the unit away(recycle).

Amazing quick service, I frankly can't believe they are sending me a new unit.

I'll wait until I have the new one before I throw the other one in the trash....
Old 09-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Amazing quick service, I frankly can't believe they are sending me a new unit.
That is one thing that PI is definitely known for.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:13 PM   #29
Site Team

I called them and they told me the same thing last year.

They don't repair but if you have proof of purchase from them, it's a lifetime warranty.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #30

There are a few limitations, mostly caused by bad pedestal wiring, or an electrical problem in the RV. This is my second time dealing with their customer service and both times the results were way over what I expected. I highly recommend Progressive Industries for anyone looking for electrical protection for their RV.

https://www.progressiveindustries.net/troubleshooting
Old 09-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #31
JOF Mascot

Your EMS took a dump, TCNash.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambarc View Post
Your EMS took a dump, TCNash.
nambarc, mission accomplished!
Old 09-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #33

Update on EMS. Reported the problem to Progressive on 9/11 while camping. Completed warranty claim on 9/18 after getting back from camping. I have a brand new Progressive EMS with weathergard [my old one didn't have it] today! Only took 6 days! Great customer service from Progressive! Highly recommended. I actually retested my old EMS and it's like in permenant low voltage mode only outputting 104v while the pedestal in at 121v. Guess I'm gonna toss it.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #34

Did they send you a tracking number?? Does the new one look exactly like your old one? My replacement was approved about a day after yours so I'm hoping it will come this week.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Update on EMS. Reported the problem to Progressive on 9/11 while camping. Completed warranty claim on 9/18 after getting back from camping. I have a brand new Progressive EMS with weathergard [my old one didn't have it] today! Only took 6 days! Great customer service from Progressive! Highly recommended. I actually retested my old EMS and it's like in permenant low voltage mode only outputting 104v while the pedestal in at 121v. Guess I'm gonna toss it.
Yeah.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png  
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Did they send you a tracking number?? Does the new one look exactly like your old one? My replacement was approved about a day after yours so I'm hoping it will come this week.
I never received a tracking number, which I was told I would and was starting to get discouraged and all of a sudden it showed up today. The new one looks a little different than the 5 year old one. The new one is larger, and has the weather shield for the cord plug in. Hopefully you'll be receiving yours soon.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #37
Site Team

Glad they took care of you, Nash. Even nambarc could not spoil that moment for ya.....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #38

Received my brand new Progressive PT50X replacement today! I am very impressed with how fast they responded to my problem and just replaced the old with a new one!
Old 09-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #39

Another satisfied customer..
Attached Thumbnails
ThoseAnchoredHairstreakbutterfly-size_restricted.gif  
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote