Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, Fredericksburg, Tx

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	22657Great times!!
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #2

Nice!!!!
2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax
JMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #3

How was the RV park you stayed at? It's the new one just outside Fredericksburg on 87, right? Quiet Creek RV Resort? I drove through last time we were out there. I decided next time we're out there, I'm staying at Lady Bird Johnson. I drove through there too, and it's pretty nice.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
How was the RV park you stayed at? It's the new one just outside Fredericksburg on 87, right? Quiet Creek RV Resort? I drove through last time we were out there. I decided next time we're out there, I'm staying at Lady Bird Johnson. I drove through there too, and it's pretty nice.
QC RV Resort is new. Opened in October 2015. Really nice place. Only issue I have is that I sunk a little on my slide side. Crushed granite for pads. It was a little soft after all the rains recently. Just enough for the water in the shower to run on the floor a bit.

I would definitely stay here again. Moving on tomorrow to North Austin.
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Old 03-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsikes View Post
QC RV Resort is new. Opened in October 2015. Really nice place. Only issue I have is that I sunk a little on my slide side. Crushed granite for pads. It was a little soft after all the rains recently. Just enough for the water in the shower to run on the floor a bit.

I would definitely stay here again. Moving on tomorrow to North Austin.
Yeah, that crushed granite can be a little tricky when wet. It'll be a nice little park when all the trees come in. It looked like the people really wanted to put something into it.

We stayed at Oakwood RV Resort last time, and I won't stay there again. Not that it was overtly bad, it was just bleh. And we even had a "premium" site. There are better places to stay IMO, especially for the money.

I love E-Rock for the backpacking. Not a lot of hard or technical trails, but definitely enough to get your feet wet and have a good time. That place was FULL when we were there, and with the weather we had, I can tell you I would NOT have wanted to be in a tent on the backside of the rock that night!! It was so windy it blew my sewer hose off it's holder. Luckily I battened down the hatches the night before, so that and the cap dangling in the wind were the only ills we suffered.

Where are you staying in N. Austin? Nice weather this week, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, and thankfully get a little cooler!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Yeah, that crushed granite can be a little tricky when wet. It'll be a nice little park when all the trees come in. It looked like the people really wanted to put something into it.

We stayed at Oakwood RV Resort last time, and I won't stay there again. Not that it was overtly bad, it was just bleh. And we even had a "premium" site. There are better places to stay IMO, especially for the money.

I love E-Rock for the backpacking. Not a lot of hard or technical trails, but definitely enough to get your feet wet and have a good time. That place was FULL when we were there, and with the weather we had, I can tell you I would NOT have wanted to be in a tent on the backside of the rock that night!! It was so windy it blew my sewer hose off it's holder. Luckily I battened down the hatches the night before, so that and the cap dangling in the wind were the only ills we suffered.

Where are you staying in N. Austin? Nice weather this week, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, and thankfully get a little cooler!

We tried two places before we found this one. Booked in January. The first two places were already booked. They are doing a nice job here at Quiet Creek. I wish them all the best!!

Enchanted Rock was cool. I tried to post a few pics from it but it didn't work well from my phone. We got there around 8:30am and they closed the entrance at 11:30am. Park is big enough for people, they just don't have the parking spaces.

My parents live in a class A in Georgetown and we'll pull up beside them in our TT for a few days. My brother and his family live not too far away in Cedar Park.
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Old 03-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #7

I'm glad it's not under water there, we picked up our new jay flight last weekend in Austin and it rained a bunch from San Angelo to marble falls
Derek7042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:15 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I was at Enchanted Rock a couple weeks ago, was a great day for a hike/climb.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote