Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2022, 09:00 PM   #1

Entertainment Cabinet swing out tv mount upgrades? Bedroom wall mount screw length?

Hey guys, just picked up a 2014 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS, has the corner entertainment cabinet with the 32” tv mounted behind the swing out cabinet door. Tv is basically dead so looking to replace and would like to go from a 32” to a 40”, was wondering if there was a replacement door already set up for this or if I’m stuck rigging this to work? I’m thinking of getting some hardwood 12x12’s to double stack on the bracket and drill so I can mount a 40” in front of the cabinet door without modifying the actual door, but figured someone was bound to have found a good solution by now lol.

Also, my trailer does not have a tv bedroom wall mount but the sticker is there for the backer board to mount one. I’m thinking of a 32” with a locking swing out wall mount but can anyone tell me what the proper safe screw length is? I’ve read 3/4 up to 1.5” lol just don’t wanna punch a whole through the outside wall of my trailer.

Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
8F97271A-72E2-467D-930B-2DFA34D9C020.jpg   A9BDBA42-1BEB-4950-858B-CC24FD60D77F.jpg   1BEB8F02-20CA-4940-8444-C95497482678.jpg  
waterboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy89 View Post
Hey guys, just picked up a 2014 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS, has the corner entertainment cabinet with the 32” tv mounted behind the swing out cabinet door. Tv is basically dead so looking to replace and would like to go from a 32” to a 40”, was wondering if there was a replacement door already set up for this or if I’m stuck rigging this to work? I’m thinking of getting some hardwood 12x12’s to double stack on the bracket and drill so I can mount a 40” in front of the cabinet door without modifying the actual door, but figured someone was bound to have found a good solution by now lol.

Also, my trailer does not have a tv bedroom wall mount but the sticker is there for the backer board to mount one. I’m thinking of a 32” with a locking swing out wall mount but can anyone tell me what the proper safe screw length is? I’ve read 3/4 up to 1.5” lol just don’t wanna punch a whole through the outside wall of my trailer.

Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks guys!
Place a piece of hardwood plywood overlapping the back side of the existing wood frame and mount your new 40” on face of hardwood plywood. Harper Freight has a flat wall mount that would work perfect in that scenario. They also have a swivel mount that would work well for your bedroom mount. I have used 1-1/4 screws when mounting a safe on an outside wall and worked perfect
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote