Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #1

Extended Service Plan

I purchased a new 2015 36 RESQ Pinnacle, The dealer than pop the big protect your new 5th wheel with this !?! Jayco has this 2 yr warranty, So why should I buy plan now?!? its named Portfolio Protection ($1950) for 3yrs. I have Good Sam, look into their plan at a less price and many ways to pay for it... give me your opinion on this, which one, or something else.. or what to do.... thanks kevin
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #2

I passed on this $2,000 deal and I bought a used 2010 that had been in 6-7 states. I've put about 24-28 weeks in it and about 14,000 miles and it's still almost perfect, just a few tiny things that I fixed myself and cost next to nothing. If you go for it just read the real fine print. It's up for the winter now and by spring it looks like I saved that 2K.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #3

Welcome to the Forum Kevin, I too ordered the 36 REQS Pinnacle, hasn't landed up here yet but expect it no later than Feb. I remember purchasing a Car and Trailer years ago and adding extended warranty, that I didn't have to exercise at all, wasn't money well spent on those occasions. It is fore sure a gamble, but we will not be full timers for a bit yet, so the unit won't get the wear and tear in the initial first few years. So I will not buy any extended anything.....wish us luck..
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #4

If it is an additional 3 years beyond the original two then I would considered it, you talking $600 a year.

Remember you are buying a unit that has alot of electronics. 50/60" flat screen, residential fridge, remotes on the slides and the auto levelers all of which you are bouncing down the road. Also it may have a prorated refund if you decide to trade up before it runs out. JMHO
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #5

I just want to throw this out there. I took delivery of my 2014 248RBS in Oct 2013, so in my little brain I see that warranty expiring Oct 2015. I was never offered this at the dealer. Mid Dec 2014 /I received a packet of info for this insurance product. Cost of 1300.00. I don't think I should need to buy it till 10/15. Going to call Jayco next week and see how that works out for me. Just a side note, A/C has been replaced, furnace repaired, black tanks rewired, stove vent repaired or replaced. Ju
BillMc
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote