Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #21

I usually agree with everyone here on extended warranties...however very long story short...we purchased our eagle in sept 2013 and picked it up last weekend ( free storage for 4 months that I negotiated) orginally I turned the extended warranty down . When I arrived to move my trailer they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Originally it was 3500 dollars for the 5 extra years with on site service.( as we are parking out TT on a lake for a few years on site was important to me) I laughed at him and countered with 1500 dollars. He laughed at me and we shook hands and I went home. Guess what he offered to me last weekend? Yup 1500 for the same plan... so morale of the story is extended warranties ARE NEGOTIABLE but not entirely needed...

And of course "Summers at the Lake"

Semi Retired TV Cameraman

2013 JAYCO EAGLE PREMIERE 321 rlts
RVRickyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey965 View Post
we went with it on ours when we got it i think it was about 2300 bucks, but if we dont use it in the 5 years after the manufacturer warranty they give us 2000 back so i figured it was a good choice for us
We did this with our 05 Designer when it was new. Guess what when it came due to get our money back the company had went out of business . The dealer did say they would do the warrantee work but I was out of luck for getting my money back . Our new Jayco we didn't purchase the extended warrantee just figured I would be self insured as stated above . It comes down to what do you feel comfortable with .
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #23

We did purchase the extended warranty for peace of mind. If we don't use it they refund us $2000 back at the end of the term. In my eyes I really couldn't go wrong with this scenerio, if we don't use it an get the refund the total cost will be less then $300.