Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #1

Extended Warranties

Hello! New member here and soon (Tuesday) to be new owner of 2012 Melbourne 29D. Anyone have an opinion on Jayplus, the extended warranty offered by Jayco? How does it compare with others? Thanks, Craig
CRAIGRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #2

General consensus is to skip extended warranties. Components like awning, fridge, stove, water heater, AC, etc come with their own individual warranties. Put the $ in a CD. Even with the lousy interest rates you'll come out ahead.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #3

I purchased one (through RVDIRECT) on our new 2011 Eagle 365BHS. Primary reason being we leave ours parked in the same lot year round and have a 32' deck built around it. It took nearly 3 hours to get it lined up and backed in perfectly the first go around and I figure in the long run it's a pretty cheap way to ensure I won't have to pull it out anytime soon. With our warranty, they will come to our site for a $50 deductable for the next 7 years (excluding awning tears, etc.) and it even covers add on's like additional TV's etc.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote