Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Extension Hose To Attach Portable Grill To Camper Gas?

Hello all!

We have the X17C camper that we bought last year. We'll be using it for the inaugural 2012 camping trip 3 weeks from today. Can't wait!

Anyway, we have the gas output on the side of the camper where you might install a camper mounted grill. We already have a portable grill that uses the small LP tanks plus the thought of grilling right on the camper scares us. lol

I was wondering if there was a way to actually connect the small grill to existing gas output on the camper. I asked on another forum and they said the grills using the small tanks use a different kinf of pressure and regulator or something along those lines. Someone linked me http://www.rvtruckparts.com/ProductD...alerId=&SID=12

It appears that you can attach one end to a normal LP tank and attach the other to the small grill. So my question is, what kind of fitting does the gas output on the side of the camper have? Is it the same as a regular? Unfortunately, the camper is in winter storage so I don't have access to it to see myself. Thanks!
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #2

See this thread... starting on page 2, it details what you need.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=6151&page=2

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #3

I about that Bob did in the thread that Mike posted. The little grill that I had had the regulator and valve built in together, so technically I wasn't able to hook it up to the camper, but that has never stopped me before.:hihi: I took the regulator off but I couldn't find a connector that would connect in to the grill, so I had one made by my cousin that works designing and fabricating stuff for P&G. I then hooked up my propane hose with a valve to control the gas flow. I was able to purchase my items from Bailey's Wholesale.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #4

If you can avoid it I would recommend not cooking right next to the TT...It will keep you from having to degrease your TT all the time.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #5

Thanks for the info!

Our problem is that our grill would be used two ways. When camping we'd like to use the campers has instead of the little tanks. In the summer we also like to drive our trucks on the beach and take the grill along. We don't have the camper then so we would need the little tanks.

Is there a way to just connect the campers gas to the portable grill without removing the regulators?
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #6

You need to use a hose like this which goes on the inside threads of the cylinder much like the fills at the station than connect it to the 1#cylinder connection on the regulated grill

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too..._349927_349927

You will need to disconnect a tank in order to use this type setup which will not untilize the quick connect. You cannot effectively use the grill after the regulated gas of the camper without bypassing your grills regulator.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeagle12 View Post
If you can avoid it I would recommend not cooking right next to the TT...It will keep you from having to degrease your TT all the time.
This

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote