Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #11

Soo.. I have been following this thread.. From an RV Parts Guy...

NONE of the manufacturers will talk to you for parts without a VIN, even if you are a parts person. Jayco is the most lenient of them, and easiest to work with IMO. The reason is not to keep your camper "OEM", but its to narrow down the part number for the EXACT item that was on the camper. The database has millions of parts. To get to one light fixture, off of a camper, that was built in a certain year, without a VIN is almost impossible.

To solve this, if you do see something on a camper that you like and want to incorporate it, you need the last 8 of the VIN for a parts search. Like LilBigfoot stated, its not impossible, Talk to Jayco, or a Jayco parts rep, and just explain what you are doing. I don't think you will get a hassle from anyone. If you do get a run around, shoot me a PM.. I will get the part number for you.

John

John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
This is a Jayco "thing" - no different then their utter blinded insistence that every issue including a burnt light bulb needs to be reviewed by an authorized dealer. As a previous owner of a Forest River and Crossroads I can assure you those two will sell you any part you're willing to buy.....

mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #13

x2 mwebber78
Old 02-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
This is a Jayco "thing" - no different then their utter blinded insistence that every issue including a burnt light bulb needs to be reviewed by an authorized dealer. As a previous owner of a Forest River and Crossroads I can assure you those two will sell you any part you're willing to buy.....
I had a window blind cord break two months after we purchased our 5er. I called Jayco, gave them my VIN, and they shipped a complete blind to my home. No dealer, no hassle

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
I had a window blind cord break two months after we purchased our 5er. I called Jayco, gave them my VIN, and they shipped a complete blind to my home. No dealer, no hassle
The post is referring to the purchase of parts not originally standard or optioned on that unit. I'd hope they would send sone cord for a mini blind.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
The post is referring to the purchase of parts not originally standard or optioned on that unit. I'd hope they would send sone cord for a mini blind.
I understand your point. However, just to set the record straight, they didn't just send a cord, they sent the entire blind (and of course the cord came with it). I was also responding to the "burnt light bulb needs to be reviewed by an authorized dealer" part. I should have been more clear.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #17

I've never had any trouble buying parts for my Jaycos that we're specifically for my trailer(s). A good dealer will help you figure it out. If your dealer says Jayco won't let him, he's blowing smoke. An alternative is to find out if Jayco is sourcing the part from a 3rd party. If so, find out who makes it and contact a dealer that that only handles parts. I had to do this to get a different set of dinette legs that Jayco no longer carried.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #18

Goto a dealer lot and pull the VIN off a trailer that has the parts you are looking for and use that at the parts counter.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote