Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #1

Factory Installed Black Tank Flush Problem

I tried flushing the black tank this weekend using the factory installed tank flusher on our 2015 Whitehawk and all I got was water flowing through the flusher without it spraying hard and it sounded kind of like it was flowing like the water was flowing out of a garden hose without a sprayer attached to it. It has worked fine up until yesterday, anyone think a replacement is needed? I also took a picture of the inside of the black tank today, and yes everything was sanitized afterwards, I was able to see the picture of the sprayer and it had a white head and was able to see the spray nozzles and everything was clean without any debris clogging it. Is there something in these sprayers that could fail causing it not to spray?
Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 AM   #2

How many times have you flushed the black water tank since you've had it? Do you have any water dripping from the TT?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:51 AM   #3

Sounds like the jet is clogged to me. Or the hose worked it's way off.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #4

Could have TP on it, or worse the head cracked off. Perhaps filling halfway with warm water and a drive will loosen things up. Better yet soak it full for a few days then dump. Also you could try running warm to hot water through the flush and see if that loosens things up too.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #5

Thankfully no water coming out anywhere and I can hear water flowing in the tank but can't hear the jets like I have in the past and we have flushed pretty thoroughly after each use and that has been 7-8 times this year. The pics I took shows a clear white sprayer head with 5 or 6 holes in the end of it and I don't know if the sprayer head had a black cover on it that could have come off. I also don't have the option of filling it and soaking it for a day or two but as in the past with my last two TT's I always use the GEO method while transporting to slicken things up in the tank. I am going to remove the sprayer tonight and see what is going on in there and see if it needs replaced before we use the TT next week
Old 09-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Site Team

Somethings wrong with the sprayer sounds like. Can you see where it goes in the tank?
I'm thinking I would let the dealer look at it, maybe at the end of camping season.

If it's not leaking I would not let this affect any short term plans.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #7

Perhaps the sprayer is worn to the point it will no longer rotate, like maybe it's cocked on it's base. I agree with your assessment though and you should be able to hear the sprayer as it rotates. If you go to your local RV joint and take a look at the Tornado tank rinser, you can see how they're designed. They do have some holes in the end of the rotating nozzle to catch the other side of the tank.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #8

Well, looked at the sprayer where it is attached to the tank (no leaks) and instead of screws for attaching it to the tank the factory used some type of glue sealant to attach it, also it does not have a rotating head. I am supposed to take it in to the dealer this coming winter for some warranty work so will add this to the list. We didn't have any problems at all this past summer and Labor Day weekend on cleaning out but if I remember right there was a similar problem on our first outing this past spring at the same park we were at last week. I wonder if maybe lower than normal water pressure at the clean out station could cause it not to work right. When I bring it home from the storage yard this weekend I'll run a cycle of water through it from our hydrant to see if maybe water pressure is the culprit. If not, we'll use the wand.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Low water pressure would definitely keep it from rotating.

In the future after your warranty is gone and the rinser quits, the aftermarket Tornado is fairly easy to install and does the same thing.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #10

Oddly I have never noticed if I can hear the sprayer inside my tank but it always comes out clean after flushing it so I have to assume it's working good,most noise I hear is from the check valve by water heater humming.I have tried to look into the tank while flushing but there is a circular things at the bottom of the toilet and you cant really see down there.Ill have to listen better next time.

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #11

Ran water through the rinser tonight and everything worked fine so my guess is the campground we stayed at a couple weeks ago had low water pressure and caused the rinser to not work properly