Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

Factory tours etc.

We sold our 5th wheel and are looking for a new one that will work until the kids are out of the house (many years). We were thinking about taking factory tours and seeing how they are made, but don't know how to start the process of proceed down that road. We plan to start seriously looking in February.

While we loved most things about our Jayco, they don't make a front bunkhouse anymore. We are also considering buying a trailer with the needed slide outs and furnishing it ourselves to match our specific needs.

How would we go about setting up factory tours? Can we tour more than one manufacturer in a day? If you have done it in the past, what would you recommend? Are most of the places in Indiana or should we look at other places as well? Should we leave the kids at home? etc.
Dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #2

try the search bar above and put in factory tour and select posts. You will find some guidance there.

I have seen several smaller trailers with bunk house models , go to jayco.com and type in bunkhouse in the search bar.

Or call Jayco about tours. but beware, it is kind of like watching sausage made LOL
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #3

Are you sure you want to take one? You may end up seeing stuff that would make you think twice about buying one. Lol!
And I'm sure the "tour" you go on is not the full production line tour or they dont take you deep enough into the tour for you to see any REAL "workmanship" being done.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #4
Site Team

Here's a Jayco link to get started on scheduling a tour.

https://www.jayco.com/about/factory-tours/

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Thanks Guys. I have always bought used (2 pop-ups and one 5th wheel). Until the 5th wheel, we have only taken a short trip or two each year. Last year we took 5 trips. This year, I may be able to work remote for most of the year and plan on spending a significant amount of time on the road with the kids.

That being said, I want to make sure we make the right decision and am doing all of the prep work now. I appreciate any and all advice y'all have.
Dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
building, buying new, factory tour