Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 AM   #1

FanTastic Fan

Also was wondering if anyone has successfully had a fantastic fan installed in the rear bedroom ceiling. The heat certainly accumulates in that room during the day and I think the fan would do the trick...just not sure if there is room in that ceiling with all the wires, ducts, lights, etc.
rinkside7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #2

The biggest issue is getting 12v to the vent hole in the ceiling. I know some will say "just tap it into a light circuit". Without knowing the particulars about that existing circuit (wire gauge, existing load etc.), I don't want to go there. In our last trailer, I was able to run some approx 14ga wire from the power center up through the walls & ceiling to the ceiling vent hole. It was a pain, but I got it done. Once the wiring was done, the rest along with a Ultra breeze vent cover, was a piece of cake. With ample gauged wire and hooked up to its own dedicated fuse in the power center, it ran awesome.

In our HT 29.5 FBDS, the main bedroom is in the back where I'll put a Fantastic fan and Ultra Breeze vent protector.

The bunk house is up front. I'm thinking about a Maxxair unit for that vent hole because of it's extra low profile when closed.

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:44 AM   #3

Thanks Tall Gunner ...we have an appointment at the factory in July for warranty work so we're hoping they can do it then. The bedroom gets very hot and the fan would help a lot.
rinkside7 is offline   Reply With Quote