Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #1

FIC 3500 electric tongue jack

I have an FIC 3500 electric tongue jack on my 2016 Jayco octane toy hauler. When I take the little rubber grommet off the top of the jack housing to use it in the manual mode is there supposed to be a nut in there to connect to? Mine does not seem to have that. And I don’t seem to have the manual operation handle to operate it. I think I can order a jack handle. But I don’t know what it hooks to since there is no nut in there. Does someone have a picture of the inside of one of theirs?
Hotvawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotvawt View Post
I have an FIC 3500 electric tongue jack on my 2016 Jayco octane toy hauler. When I take the little rubber grommet off the top of the jack housing to use it in the manual mode is there supposed to be a nut in there to connect to? Mine does not seem to have that. And I don’t seem to have the manual operation handle to operate it. I think I can order a jack handle. But I don’t know what it hooks to since there is no nut in there. Does someone have a picture of the inside of one of theirs?
My electric tongue jack is a different brand. I'm not sure but I think it's Lippert. The manual override on it uses a 3/4 or 19mm socket. I've read that some tongue jack overrides have a square hole in the top such that you would use a ratchet 3/8's drive extension... though maybe it was a 1/2 inch drive. I don't remember which.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 11:13 PM   #3
Site Team

I did see one of those jacks a while ago, and it took a socket on an extension, with a ratchet. I don't know if it was the same year or model of yours. Try some socket sizes like 7/16" or 10mm. If that's not it, they may have changed the motors to a different manual crank handle.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:57 AM   #4

I think being a 2016 Mikec557 is correct with the 3/8" or 1/2" drive. Take a flashlight and look at the top of the shaft. The opening for whatever drive you have should be visible.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:39 AM   #5

A lot of the tongue jacks come with a wrench for manual operation. My Bulldog jack has a slotted wrench.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #6

We have a FIC 3500 electric tongue jack on our 2019 Jayco 264BHW. There is a nut located under the rubber grommet that the jack handle attaches to when using it in the manual mode. Although the trailer came with the manual crank handle, I bought a cheap ratchet, 6" extension and a socket from Harbor Freight I keep in the trailer to use instead of the long (and IMHO unwieldy) jack handle. Sorry I don't remember the size of the nut, nor do I have any pictures of the internal working of the electric jack.

Did you buy the trailer new? Would the previous owner have any thoughts on the matter? I have no idea why the "manual crank nut" is not on your tongue jack drive shaft. But somehow it may have fallen off the drive shaft and is probably down inside the plastic housing. There are a few screws located on the back of the plastic housing that hold it together you can remove to open the housing to retrieve and reattach the loose nut.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #7

My Bulldog jack does not have a hex nut, it has a round nut with a roll pin thru it. Special crank wrench.