Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Firepit hose extension help

Suggestions, thoughts,HELP !

I know >20ft isn't recommended but I have read these worked fine attached to 20ft.
Dw bought a DESTINATION 5995 PIT. The hose on it is a 5/16 hose (3/4 in nut). I need a 12 ft hose to connect to quick connect hose on tt .
I need to quick connect to original on tt(it's in front of trailer) (20ft hose)
Do I get 5/16 or 3/8 hose ? (Considering 20ft run).
What size is fitting?
Front of trailer --quick connect female---20ft hose---quick connect---12ft hose---(what size fitting?)--- pit
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:22 PM   #2
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,153
I have that same fire pit and love it. Looking at Amazon, this is recommended as a buy with the firepit. Don't know if that is what you want but Amazon has about everything to go with it. ALSO:the fire pit already has a regulator on it. If you attach to the RV quick connect you will then be double regulated and have too low of gas pressure.



https://www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Connec...7FRYP6HS&psc=1
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #3
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,153
I use the extension hose I mentioned on the Bar-B-Q, from the quick connect but have removed the regulator on the Weber.
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Thanks Cag.
__________________
2018 octane SL 222.
2021 4x4 5.3 silverado
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rock Island
Posts: 1,072
I can tell you I installed a 1/4 ď line and itís too small for the fire pit we have, flame is only half from when using the ordinal connection from a separate tank, I suggest you go with 3/8Ē
__________________
2017 Eagle 291RSTS
2017 Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Thanks ghen, that helps.
Think I'll go with BUY AND TRY .
Stick with 3/8 hose and hope flare nut fits
__________________
2018 octane SL 222.
2021 4x4 5.3 silverado
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:47 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
JB13502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 313
Just my opinion, Jeff, but I don't like using my coach propane for our fire ring. I usually carry two spare 20# propane tanks with me for the fire ring and gas grill.

Early on in our RV experience, we ran out of propane because we were using the RV propane for our fire ring and grill. Long story short, we ran out of propane. Since we were dry camping, that meant no hot water or refrigerator.

Fortunately, I did have my little Honda 2000. But my lesson was learned. 20 pound tanks can be easy swapped at many convenience stores; not so for 30 pound tanks.
__________________
John & Donna
2023 GMC Denali HD, CC, LB, Duramax, DRW
2021 Jayco North Point 377RLBH
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:09 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Thanks jb,
We don't normally dry camp, won't use if we do.
__________________
2018 octane SL 222.
2021 4x4 5.3 silverado
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Stan&Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 588
Check with these folks at https://propanegear.com/
If you email your question, their reply could be within a few minutes:
info@propanegear.com
__________________
2022 Eagle 321RSTS w/Overlander II solar
2021 GMC Denali 2500HD Gas w/Timbrens
PullRite SuperRails & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:17 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kingman AZ and where our Seneca is today.
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Just my opinion, Jeff, but I don't like using my coach propane for our fire ring. I usually carry two spare 20# propane tanks with me for the fire ring and gas grill.

Early on in our RV experience, we ran out of propane because we were using the RV propane for our fire ring and grill. Long story short, we ran out of propane. Since we were dry camping, that meant no hot water or refrigerator.

Fortunately, I did have my little Honda 2000. But my lesson was learned. 20 pound tanks can be easy swapped at many convenience stores; not so for 30 pound tanks.
We had the same experience on our prior MH. We will never connect anything to the motorhome that uses the on-board propane beyond the existing fixtures. Not to say that we haven't used the "stay-a-while" adapter to add propane capacity - but we learned the hard way.
__________________
Steve & Stacy with Jasper (Australian Cattle dog)
2015 Seneca 36FK
Custom 27' flatbed trailer hauling:
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rock Island
Posts: 1,072
One more I donít see covered, if you do use the extension for a fire pit or BBQ, remember to only have one regulator in your line. You will need to remove the regulator at the appliance and replace with a quick connect. Your required types of fitting will vary.
__________________
2017 Eagle 291RSTS
2017 Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:20 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Ghent, I got a new 12 ft for the pit. That is the one I was trying to figure out the fitting size.
__________________
2018 octane SL 222.
2021 4x4 5.3 silverado
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:55 PM   #13
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
One more I donít see covered, if you do use the extension for a fire pit or BBQ, remember to only have one regulator in your line. You will need to remove the regulator at the appliance and replace with a quick connect. Your required types of fitting will vary.

Actually, I covered that in one of the first posts after the OPs original.



I have two 40s, one of which is connected to the RV with the stay/play connection. Everything in the RV and connected to the quick connect is running from the 40 which is changed out and refilled needed. Therefore, the main RV tanks is not used while parked. Simple reason is I don't want to have to take everything down to go to town and fill propane.
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Quincy, CA
Posts: 228
I've never heard of keeping a propane extension hose under 20 feet in length. I have two 24 foot hoses plus a 12 foot hose on my Blackstone. I have one 24 foot hose on my fire pit because when I asked for a propane quick connect on out trailer, I should have been more specific. The dealer added one, but its at the front of the trailer, forward of the front door near the bedroom. The kitchen and dining area are at the rear of the coach. Since I like to cook outdoors near the kitchen so my DW can hand things out to me, I run one 24 foot hose from the front of the coach to the rear. I also have a Y connector I can attach at the port on the trailer or at the end of the first extension hose. In theory, the longest run on this setup is 48 feet. I have done this without issue.
__________________
2018 Jayco X23B (traded)
01 Dodge Durango (sold)
18 Ram 2500HD Laramie
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:38 PM   #15
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: James Island, SC
Posts: 21,583
Do you find that a lot of propane is wasted with all the long hoses?
__________________
Moderator
2011- 351RLTS Eagle, MorRyde suspension/pin box,
2017- F350 6.7 PSD Lariat FX4,SRW, SB,CC
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Andersen Ultimate 3220
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Quincy, CA
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Do you find that a lot of propane is wasted with all the long hoses?
I don't believe so. Then again, we used to camp in a popup camper and would blow thru a 20lb bottle in the course of a weekend. When we moved up to a hybrid, I was surprised at how little propane we went thru. Now with a full hard sided travel trailer and two 30lb bottles, I haven't noticed any increase in consumption. I did add a pair of Mopeka tank sensors to the tanks so I can monitor the level of propane we have at any given time.
__________________
2018 Jayco X23B (traded)
01 Dodge Durango (sold)
18 Ram 2500HD Laramie
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:51 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Clarence
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I've never heard of keeping a propane extension hose under 20 feet in length. I have two 24 foot hoses plus a 12 foot hose on my Blackstone. I have one 24 foot hose on my fire pit because when I asked for a propane quick connect on out trailer, I should have been more specific. The dealer added one, but its at the front of the trailer, forward of the front door near the bedroom. The kitchen and dining area are at the rear of the coach. Since I like to cook outdoors near the kitchen so my DW can hand things out to me, I run one 24 foot hose from the front of the coach to the rear. I also have a Y connector I can attach at the port on the trailer or at the end of the first extension hose. In theory, the longest run on this setup is 48 feet. I have done this without issue.
Someone posted 24ft max somewhere when I was researching. Said it loses pressure.
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.