Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #11

We have the 23FB. It does not have a slide, but it meets all your other requirements. We love it! The slide would give you a bit more room, but for two people I don't think it's necessary and it does add more weight to the trailer. Plus, in my opinion a trailer without a slide is a trailer with one less thing to go wrong.

KathyDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDiane View Post
We have the 23FB. It does not have a slide, but it meets all your other requirements. We love it! The slide would give you a bit more room, but for two people I don't think it's necessary and it does add more weight to the trailer. Plus, in my opinion a trailer without a slide is a trailer with one less thing to go wrong.
A slide is nice BUT I've read enough about slide issues (motors, leaks, etc.) that I don't see it as a must have. I like the 23FB floorplan and it does have all of my wife's other must have items.

I'm also very much sold on the idea of buying from a local, reputable dealer and based on the reviews I've read on WES (about 30 miles from my home) the 23FB is definitely a model we'll search more thoroughly.

2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #13

Don't forget the Jayflight 22 fb!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
A slide is nice BUT I've read enough about slide issues (motors, leaks, etc.) that I don't see it as a must have. I like the 23FB floorplan and it does have all of my wife's other must have items.

I'm also very much sold on the idea of buying from a local, reputable dealer and based on the reviews I've read on WES (about 30 miles from my home) the 23FB is definitely a model we'll search more thoroughly.
We just winterized it this past wknd :-( (I wasn't expecting I'd be that sad doing it ;-( .

This was our first Trailer (38 nights spent in it) and it fit us perfect (My Wife two small dogs and myself). Yes, only one person can cook in the kitchen. (Two can manage doing the dishes, my Wife let me know that ;-() But when your camping I much prefer cooking outside anyways.

I would highy suggest buying local as well for your first Trailer, it's nice knowing you have that support. I found camping with an experienced friends was beneficial as well. Nice to be able to have them close by to ask questions to. Hard to ask the fine folks here when your out at a campsite ;-)