Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

First Outing Daytona Bike Week

Just a short note about my first outing with my new 24RBS.
I took delivery of unit on Feb 26 originally purchased one on Jan 10th for a delivery date of Jan 18, but that unit had been damaged.So a new unit was coming off the line and was ready for pick up Feb 26.But that damage/delay horror story will wait for another day.
I am not new to camping, RVing or boon docking. I have camped in tents, popup, hybrids, and toy haulers, and TTs.
My first outing with this brand spanking new TT was to Daytona for Bike Week ‘16. Exactly 9 days after pick up.Ideally, I would have loved to take it out close to home, but that was not possible.
I arrived in Daytona, Feb 5 and returned home on the 13th.We boon docked. I had no idea if all of the systems were going to work fully or not, yes I did the walkthrough, but that was just a glimpse of everything working.
The trailer pulled flawlessly, but that did not diminish my pucker factor. With the pop-up,driving 70-75 was never an issue, with the TT, I was glad to see 60/65 mph.I tow with a ’12 Toyota CrewMax Tundra with tow package and a Draw Tight weight distribution set up.I don’t have a sway bar, but plan to have one installed before next trip.Gas mileage was as expected about 9-10 mpg.I filled up water tanks about a mile from my destination, that water lasted about four days for three people, and then I hooked into a water hose from across the street for the remainder of my time. I have a Barker Blue tote that I used for the first empting of gray water.I also had small Ryobi generator 2200 /1800 watts that I previously used with pop-up.I will be upgrading to the Champion Inverter, as I have working knowledge of that unit with the type of camping that we do.I wasn’t concerned about needing the microwave or the AC.The weather was perfect; no need for AC and the microwave was a non-issue.The Ryobi did the job.Everything worked great.The outdoor kitchen was awesome; I did most of the cooking on it.I used coolers for outside, no need for an outdoor fridge. I did use the heat once/twice at night to take the chill out of the air.No issues.Fridge, awning and slide gave me no trouble at all. The TV picked up local channels and the image was really good.The bed was hard to make up because of the end tables, and the mattress was ridiculously firm, but still better than the pop-up. I had plenty of storage, but I am sort of a minimalist camper anyway.But I had lots of room for food, clothing and stuff.
The bathroom was the best part, I am not a small person and with some campers and RVs the bathrooms are rather tight, but this one gave me plenty of room to turn around, in/out of shower without difficulty and storage places. I will change out the shower head.I could not figure out how to off/on without turning the actual knobs.Usually there is a button/slide on the shower handle, but not on this one.Any excuse to buy something new.
The only real complaint that I may have had was the noise of the water pump. In my opinion it was very loud and ran longer than I would expect it to run.I will do research on it eventually. Would love any input regarding this noisy pump. Overall it was a very nice fit for me I am happy with the unit.I definitely made the right choice for me. Sorry, post longer than I expected.
Giljmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #2

Glad you had a good time!

The pump's tend to be loud. Pipes bang, some pipe insulation in the right areas will quiet things down. You can add an accumulator, so it does not cycle so often. A few people have remounted the pump, putting a vibration pad under the pump

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #3

Thanks, Jagiven. I knew someone would have an idea about the water pump. What is the purpose of the accumulator?
Giljmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

I agree with the comment of the accumulator. It makes the pump act like a well pump. The tank pressurizes a gallon or so of water so the pump doesn't run all the time. I picked up a 2 gallon one at Lowe's for like $40. It takes the water hammer out that happens when the pump tries to run against pipes full of water. Once the tank was added, I didn't have to do anything to quiet the pump. You only hear it run now when the tank is near full pressure. You can splice the tank in anywhere in the cold water lines.