Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

First Trip of 2013 Under Our Belts....

I just got in from our first trip of 2013 using the two TT's in my signature. IT was only the 2nd overall trip for the White Hawk and the inaugural trip for the Jay Flight. We also had a buddy out there with his **********. (Umm, read my edited stuff below.)

I drove to my parents house last Thursday and I actually drove the rig out there. It was my first experience towing anything other then our old 17z with a 4Runner. The difference is night and day and I felt MUCH more comfortable driving the bigger TT/TV combo then I did with the smaller combo. There really is no comparison.

Thursday afternoon/night turned out to be good. It was just my brother our Dad and I setting up the two TT's before the rest of the family came later that day. Everything went ok with the exception of my Dad and I forgetting to put the sway bar on getting there. Eventually, everyone came out that night so we had dinner and started a fire. It was a perfect campfire night so I brought out some legal moonshine I purchased specifically for the trip.

I gave everyone in my family a solo cup filled with about 1.5 shots worth of the Apple Pie moonshine. It was pretty freaking delicious! Anyway, My parents who are mid 60's went to bed about 11 and at that point it was just my brother and I around the fire at his site. At about midnight I hear a constant beeping sound and wonder what it is. By 12:30 we begin to investigate and head to our parents TT and notice the sound is getting louder. It turns out that alarm clock on their nightstand was going off and neither of them heard it. Pretty scary that my brother and I heard it from his site and we were over 60' away and they never heard it right next to them. I guess the combination of sleeping in the TT for the first time, the upgraded pillowtop mattress and the moonshine did them in. lol

Friday was ridiculously windy and much cooler then normal. We spent a lot of time indoors, especially once we found out what was happening in Boston so we were glued to the TV. Our younger cousin did come out at night to stay for 2 nights. It drizzled here and there in the evening and we did got a lot of rain overnight.

Saturday was a good day. Still a little cooler then normal, but still a little breezy. My brother's family went shopping somewhere and my cousin and I hopped in with my parents to check out another local CG we were interested in and I'd say it's definitely one to consider now. My mom also wanted to check out a local nursery so she got some stuff and I got a venus fly trap for both myself and my cousin. lol Can jam and ring toss during the day. Another fire at night and another moonshine night. This time I broke out a pumpkin pie and a blueberry one. These were nothing special other then the pumpkin pie one smelling like pumpkin pie but not exactly tasting like it. lol The Apple Pie one was the best and everyone agreed.

Today was the most relaxing day. It turned out to be mid 50's and very sunny. It was still a little cool but sitting around the campfire and having the sun beat down on you warmed you up quickly. My sister-in-law picked up her mother for lunch so she stayed about 2 hours. Even though we have the site till Monday (tomorrow) morning, we still left today in the evening. We enjoy paying for the extra night but leaving in the evening the day before. This is great because we can book 4 nights starting on Thursday but we'll leave Sunday night.

Packing everything up tonight wasn't fun, but then again it never is. lol We were all a little rusty when it came down to putting everything away and getting ready to leave but my brother, our Dad and I were able to remember things the others forgot. lol

Can't wait to go back out in a few weeks!

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #2

Sounds like a fun trip! A buddy of mine has some apple pie moonshine and man that stuff is strong! I'll stick to my home brewed hard apple cider!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Not camping this past weekend, but went to a wedding in Newport, RI and enjoyed some cranberry moonshine. Wanted to try the Apple Pie, but they didn't have any. Maybe next time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	moonshine.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	7524

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #4

OK, where do you get the apple pie moonshine?
Locky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #5

Sounds like a wonderful trip. What you described, is why I love camping. Thanks for sharing the experience. Where can I get the apple moonshine? Sounds like good camping companion! :-)

2011 Jayco 31FK, Ford, Class C
2009 Honda CRV - Toad
Blue Ox Tow Bar
Invisibrake
Outdoor Kitchen Mod
Bobsanchez44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #6

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to begin towing our TT with my 2013 RAM. Man I love this truck!! I should have bought a full sized pickup a long time ago!!

Our first trip will be to Fundy National Park the third weekend in May. There is a bakery near the park in Alma and they have fresh pie and sticky buns every morning. Can't wait!!!!

Cheers.
JaycoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #7

Sounds like a nice weekend and the best part is your close to home!!