Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #21

OK, you sucked me in. Nice little PWM controller. Saw your rating and comment on Amazon so will run B- down drain tube also. The way you attached the controller is perfect and is exactly what I will do minus the project box.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
got the little fan and put it in today. seems to blow enough air.. will be interested to try it out. took about 30 minutes to put in.. hardest part was getting the wire down the drain tube. I squirted a little WD 40 and it slid right through. here are some pics. thanks for all the suggestions.

X2 - Works awesome and has for 2 years in hot AZ summers !! When I bought mine it was only $18 to my door. I guess they realized what they had and raised the price to $27+, plus freight. Still a great deal for what it does. I don’t have to go over #4 setting, out of possible 9, and it keeps my fridge at 33 to 34 degrees in 106 degree temps.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
Very effective additions. If you're getting a 25/40 temp split inside your fridge they're obviously making a difference.

We installed the ARP RV "Fridge Defender" and the optional squirrel cage fan on our N811, too. I like the fact you can adjust the on/off threshold temps for the boiler and the optional fan. Best of all, no need to worry about damaging the N811 fridge due to off-level operation.
I am new to camper fridges so forgive me for this question. You state the this keeps you from damaging the fridge if it is not level. Can you explain to me why the fridge has to be level, and how what you installed makes it not nessacery?
mtbbrewer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbbrewer74 View Post
I am new to camper fridges so forgive me for this question. You state the this keeps you from damaging the fridge if it is not level. Can you explain to me why the fridge has to be level, and how what you installed makes it not nessacery?
Absorption refrigerators use a process where heat is supplied (by a propane flame or electric element) to the refrigerator's "boiler" to separate the refrigeration compounds. Then further along in the process the separated compounds re-combine, and that action absorbs heat (gets cold). Proper circulation of the compounds requires an absorption refrigerator to be fairly level. If not they can overheat and permanently damage themselves.

There are safety systems that can be installed to shut off the heater or propane flame if the boiler temperature is too high, as can occur if operating off-level. It doesn't allow you to run the unit indefinitely if significantly off-level, it just prevents it from damaging itself if it is off-level.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Absorption refrigerators use a process where heat is supplied (by a propane flame or electric element) to the refrigerator's "boiler" to separate the refrigeration compounds. Then further along in the process the separated compounds re-combine, and that action absorbs heat (gets cold). Proper circulation of the compounds requires an absorption refrigerator to be fairly level. If not they can overheat and permanently damage themselves.

There are safety systems that can be installed to shut off the heater or propane flame if the boiler temperature is too high, as can occur if operating off-level. It doesn't allow you to run the unit indefinitely if significantly off-level, it just prevents it from damaging itself if it is off-level.
Thanks for the info
mtbbrewer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:52 AM   #26

Go to "RV Cooling Unit Warehouse." We have this 15.7 inch wide triple fan unit on our four-door Norcold. Simple installation requiring no drilling or relocating anything. Recommend you lube the power supply wire bundle with dish soap to make it easier to push through the drip tray drain tube for easy hookup to 12V and ground terminals on the black box mounted to the rear of the fridge. The left and right angled brackets each attach to a cooling fin with a Velcro strip. The top toggle switch controls a pair of blue light LED strips and the lower toggles control 1, 2 or 3 fan operation. Also features a fuse in the power supply. A well made, low velocity powder coated steel circulating unit that shows pride in craftsmanship.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:53 AM   #27

It looks like the SmartRvProducts company might have closed up shop. They had a nice product but was very overpriced for what it was. Glad I got one while I could.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
got the little fan and put it in today. seems to blow enough air.. will be interested to try it out. took about 30 minutes to put in.. hardest part was getting the wire down the drain tube. I squirted a little WD 40 and it slid right through. here are some pics. thanks for all the suggestions.
We have a double wide Norcold and I installed two of these fans. They do the job.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote