Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #1

Question Fridge not cooling on propane

Greetings,

I have a 2015 X17z. The Norcold N512 refrigerator is not cooling on propane. AC power works perfect. When I switch to propane, it warms up and eventually, the "n" code shows on the panel (manual states "the cooling unit has stopped cooling"). The propane flame looks good (nice and blue) and I've also tried a new regulator on the propane tanks, so the pressure at the tank into the system should be fine. I'm at a loss here. Perhaps it's part of the propane system/tubing on the fridge that is getting restricted so it isn't heating up enough? Even though the flame looks good, maybe it's actually not strong enough? I don't have a clue how to adjust it.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Past Rigs:
2012 Jay Flight 28BHS ('12-'15)
2006 Salem 26BH (RIP- Totaled in Yellowstone 7/12)
1995 Jayco Tent Trailer ('05 - '09)
1985 Coleman Tent Trailer ('85 - '05)
stryker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:46 AM   #2

As long as you know you've got flame at the fridge, I'd take it to the dealer and have it looked at. It should still be under warranty

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #3

Has it ever worked on LP? If never, then check to make sure the spiral baffle is in place. It's located directly above the flame and keeps the heat where it needs to be. If it used to work okay and now it doesn't, remove and clean the burner and orifice. If that doesn't help, replace the burner/ orifice.
Norcold Burner/ Orifices for Sale | The Norcold Guy

Never heard of this happening with such a new refrigerator though. Might want to try to purge your LP tank to make sure there's no air in the line. Can check water column inches as well.
ledderonthego12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #4

Bad Burner/ Orifice?

I tried posting but I don't see that it went through. I was just going to mention that you should try cleaning the burner/ orifice first to make sure that's not whats causing the insufficient heat. The cooling unit doesn't know how it's getting the heat, but if the heat is sufficient, it will cool the same on both modes.
Norcold Burner/ Orifices for Sale | The Norcold Guy

Might want to also check to make sure the spiral baffle is in place if it never worked well on LP in the first place.
ledderonthego12 is offline   Reply With Quote