Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Fridge - works on elec but not gas??

Here's another issue we're having! On our first trip after buying our 2007 23b hybrid we powered it up the day before to pre-chill and pre-load the fridge and drove to the campground successfully with the fridge running on gas.

This time, the gas light keeps blinking telling me to check.

A friend thought that because I closed the propane tanks between trips (hybrid was parked for 3 weeks) that the gas wasn't reaching the fridge. At the campground I ran the stove to get the gas flowing and switched the fridge to gas. After a couple attempts of moving switch to gas and then off then back to gas it finally worked without blinking. Thought I was in the clear and switched back to auto. When leaving the campground it wouldn't work on gas again. Tried what I did before (turn stove on) but it did not work. Had to drive home with the fridge not running... Thoughts??
SomersIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #2

Something similar to this happened to me a year or so ago. Fridge just wouldn't run on gas, but was fine on electricity. I had a company tech look at it while I was at the Good Sam Rally and after the second "repair" didn't correct the problem, the tech replaced the electrical board in the refrigerator. Problem solved! The best part of the whole situation was that I wasn't charged anything for the repair even though it was out of warranty.

This was my second experience with a refrigerator acting up and working some of the time and not others, and both times the problem was solved by replacing the electronic board. I have no idea what those boards cost, but the techs always tried some other "simple" repair without success and finally replaced the boards. Problems solved.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #3

The first thing to check would be the spade connectors at the rear of the fridge. From the outside take the panel off and clean the connections with a piece of fine sand paper.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #4

you could blow it out with an air compressor or compressed air can as well. Sometimes there could be a spider web or dust that keeps it from igniting
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #5

Old old 2009 26BH had the same problem. Spider webs were the culprit in our case. A little quick disassembly and clean up with a Q-tip followed by a blast of compressed air had us back in business in no time at all.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote