Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

Fuel Gauge in Seismic Wave

I have a 2017 Seismic Wave 310W and gasoline fuel gauge for the generator tank and the auxiliary fuel pump station will only show a fuel level reading if the fuel pump switch is on. Dealer says that's how it's suppose to work. The Owner's Manual does not say that the fuel pump switch has to be on for the fuel gauge to show a reading. Don't understand why the it would be wired that way. For the ones that have gasoline fuel tanks, how does your gauge work?
La Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

My guess (sorry, I'm not a Seismic owner) is that there would have to be a switch of some kind for the fuel level system. If not, it would be a constant drain on the battery. Seems like a logical solution would be to have it switch on with the fuel pump.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:09 PM   #3

I have a '16 Seismic Wave. I have to turn on the pump station switch to get a reading.
Turtle Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #4

It is the same methodology as your water tanks (in Jayco), they are not always on but when you press the check button they instantly light up. When the button is not pushed, no power draw. It does seem that you could change the wiring to activate the fuel level guage in the same way but you will have to have access to the sensor or at least the wiring. Keep us posted if you decide to mod.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk