Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #1

Gas Hose Help

I am looking for a gas hose that connects to my quick connect on the outside of the camper that will then hook to my coleman stove so i do not have to use the small bottles i can use gas from my big LP tank

thank you
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Check with Tweetys.com or Amazon.com or Camperworld.com

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
I am looking for a gas hose that connects to my quick connect on the outside of the camper that will then hook to my coleman stove so i do not have to use the small bottles i can use gas from my big LP tank

thank you
Another option is your local propane store which can also make them to size. The quick connect fittings are readily available on Amazon or at your local propane store. With the Coleman stove you will need to customize your connection to make it work. The special solid 1# canister tube fitting on the back of the stove will need to be removed and then connect the male end on the hose to the male end of the grill with a union. That union needs to be about 1" or it will not allow gas to flow. You cannot use a 1# tank adapter and the Coleman regulator with the quick connect fitting. You will be double regulated and have no BTU's as a result. However you can hook directly to one of your 30# tanks and the Coleman regulator since it will only be regulated once.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

3'senough...you have confused me....
any illustrations to help it make sense to me....

what is the name of the hose type i am looking for?
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #5

I took my connections to a residential gas company and had them make me up a hose
with the quick connect on one end and the screw on connection on the other. Made the hose 6 ft to get the grill away from the camper. Good to go.
BHoyle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #6

Name:  thumb_472_rv-plug.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  5.4 KBName:  detail_487_15-foot-propane-hose.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  26.9 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
3'senough...you have confused me....
any illustrations to help it make sense to me....

what is the name of the hose type i am looking for?
Okay. Here is what you need to obtain. My grill is buried in my unit and I will take some photos when I get it out to clean, but here are the main components you need. The nipple fitting you will need to get from the hardware store.

The hose is a 1/4" FPT and 1/4" MPT quick connect propane hose. You need to buy the quick connect fitting shown above and put it in the 1/4" FPT end. The MPT end gets connected to the grill through the use of a combination of things. I used a brass union first which was the same size as the brass connection of the 1# cylinder connection. Then I went into a brass nipple the same size followed by brass reducing union that was 1/4 FPT on one end.

It's probably 3/8 pipe thread but I am not certain. I took the parts to the hardware store and matched it up.

I could not make the reducing union work directly to the hose due to gas flow for some reason. This was the only combination I could get to work right.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #7

Try this.

2016 Jayco x213
2012 Toyota Tundra
Mainenebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainenebula View Post
Try this.
This hose will not work correctly as our Jayco units are supplied after the regulator on the quick connects. This is if you have a high pressure propane supply line. If you connect to the regulator on the Coleman you will be double regulated and have little to no flame.

If you go directly from the 30# cylinder then you can use this type 1# cylinder connection and use the Coleman regulator. Camp chef makes hoses like that.

The only way to use the quick connects is to bypass the Coleman regulator.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #9

The pressure at the QD fitting on the trailer is only 11" water column. In order to use the hookup on your trailer you'll have to get rid of the regulator/flame adjustment knob on your current grill and replace it with a petc ock to adjust the flame and the proper sized orifice that will deliver the right amount of gas for the btu rating of your grill. Usually the regulator/flame adjustment knob screws right onto the one pound propane bottles. I obtained a brass quarter turn valve with 1/4" NPT threads, next I drilled an tapped the valve to accept a brass setscrew. I looked up an orifice chart on-line to get the diameter of the hole that will deliver XX btu's at 11" WC. You drill that size hole in the setscrew and install it into the hole you tapped in the petc ock. Assemble everything and you're good to go. If you aren't a machinist you'll have to come up with something else