Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Able View Post
I also got the recall letter, asking me to take a picture of the date stamp and send it to my dealer. I can only find this label, no stamp. Is this what they're looking for?
The date code is up the side just a bit, stamped into the metal.
Attached Thumbnails
20210626_181642502_iOS.jpg  

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #22

Thanks, I'll look again.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #23

El Rey

I received my regulator letter in August. After we got home from a month long trip, I ordered a dual tank regulator from Amazon and received it fairly quickly.

I stalled my new one in five minutes including a little potty break.

I had my 212QB in after that for a safety recall on the stove (the Feds don't screw around with propane problems on the road). The service guy showed me a large stack of wo's for regulator replacements. He also said it will be well into next year before they get parts.

He said that he heard that if you don't use the auto tank switch over you will "probably" be safe.
ElRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:40 PM   #24

How come i'm a junior member? I'm old.
ElRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #25

Yup, you're right-- it was there, but not nearly as clearly stamped as yours.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #26

I've already made a deal to trade my trailer in against a Jayco Precept, with an expected delivery date of early spring 2022, so I don't want to spend my own $$$ to replace it (if we were keeping it, I certainly would.) I'll ask the dealer we're trading with to get one ordered so they can swap it out under my warranty.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:29 PM   #27

Along the upper left edge is a code... Along the lines of N 20 46 or something. It's year and week of manufacture.
Jerrypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #28

Has anyone first hand knowledge of a problem with this regulator and what exactly was it? Trying to access the risk and get a plan for fall/ winter camping. 🤷🏻*♂️
Dewmahurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmahurin View Post
Has anyone first hand knowledge of a problem with this regulator and what exactly was it? Trying to access the risk and get a plan for fall/ winter camping. 🤷🏻*♂️
I can tell you, i always had problems getting my hot water furnace lit up, it was always hit and miss. I ended up replacing mine with a Marshal and since the Hot Water lights every time.. I would change it as soon as you can. It's going to be tough finding one right now. Marshals are good quality. Got mine off Amazon for $55. I noticed now they are $65 and not in stock.. You might want to get an order in now to reduce wait time.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
I can tell you, i always had problems getting my hot water furnace lit up, it was always hit and miss. I ended up replacing mine with a Marshal and since the Hot Water lights every time.. I would change it as soon as you can. It's going to be tough finding one right now. Marshals are good quality. Got mine off Amazon for $55. I noticed now they are $65 and not in stock.. You might want to get an order in now to reduce wait time.
Go to www.tweetys.com, tweety's rv has them. They a little pricier, paid $20 more than the last one I bought a few months ago. They have them for $88.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmahurin View Post
Has anyone first hand knowledge of a problem with this regulator and what exactly was it? Trying to access the risk and get a plan for fall/ winter camping. [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]

Search for the other threads on this. The regulator will actually leak and/or not regulate which means higher than acceptable pressure is sent through the lines causing flare-ups and potential fire hazard within fridge, hot water heater and or stove (any lp appliance).

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 11-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #32

Got my letter the other day. I don't think I have the time, nor patience to put up with the local Dealer's "Stories" about part availability, coverage and blah, blah, blah... I'll just order one and change it myself.
Froggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #33

I talked with Jayco about this, and it will leave your rig as unrepaired. The only way to get the case "closed" is to have the dealer do the install (you bring reg to them), or if you have a good relationship with the for them to inspect your install.
According to phone call, if you do purchase it and have dealer install it, Jayco will reimburse you for the reg...
Jerrypd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:51 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrypd View Post
I
According to phone call, if you do purchase it and have dealer install it, Jayco will reimburse you for the reg...
Exactly what Jayco told me.. I purchased a Marshall off Amazon, when i got it i tried to make an appointment with my dealer to install per recall. The Dealer said nope, if Jayco did not supply the part, they will not replace under the recall. They did however offer to install it at their normal shp rate out of my pocket. I installed it and wrote it off..
Old 11-09-2021, 10:25 AM   #35

My rig is on a seasonal site. Certainly not breaking it down to haul it to a dealer for this. I am a Licensed Gas Fitter. I'm certain that my installation of an LP gas regulator will far outshine that of "Bubba's" at the local "Camp and Go"... Just sayin'. Think I'll take my chances on this one.
Froggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #36

I guess I will just get their letters forever. I didn't want to mess with the dealer or their BS, so I just bought a regulator locally and installed it. Works great and I'm not going to sweat it.
DesertRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Exactly what Jayco told me.. I purchased a Marshall off Amazon, when i got it i tried to make an appointment with my dealer to install per recall. The Dealer said nope, if Jayco did not supply the part, they will not replace under the recall. They did however offer to install it at their normal shp rate out of my pocket. I installed it and wrote it off..
You pay them their rate and then get Jayco to reimburse you. It would be unlikely to have the dealer funnel the costs through Jayco. Just get them to do all of the aspects of the recall (pressure testing, etc.)

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 11-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
You pay them their rate and then get Jayco to reimburse you. It would be unlikely to have the dealer funnel the costs through Jayco. Just get them to do all of the aspects of the recall (pressure testing, etc.)
I already replaced on my own, Took a whopping 15 mins,.. I gave up on Jayco a long time ago.. I bought one of those T-Shirts "I am the warranty" and cashed in my extended warranty a last month. I don't need them, they are a crying shame
Old 11-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #39

I just set it up with my dealer. I purchased a Marshall Excelsior M253 regulator on my own. They're gonna install it and all new lp hoses. I purchase the hoses, they're gonna funnel labor costs through Jayco, and submit reimbursement for me for the cost of the hoses and regulator. They said they have over 200 waiting on regulators and I don't want to be any part of that when the parts start coming in.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I just set it up with my dealer. I purchased a Marshall Excelsior M253 regulator on my own. They're gonna install it and all new lp hoses. I purchase the hoses, they're gonna funnel labor costs through Jayco, and submit reimbursement for me for the cost of the hoses and regulator. They said they have over 200 waiting on regulators and I don't want to be any part of that when the parts start coming in.
Wow.. We'll have to give you the one precentor nickname. I guess there are still some good dealers after all. Defiantly not in Calif