Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

General RV Draper Utah

If you bought an RV here, you may want to look at your contract.

You live and learn, or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:13 PM   #2

Well, looks like a lot of folks that bought at General RV got

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #3

I still can’t figure out what the end game was there. The banks lent the money so the people obviously had enough credit to buy the rv. All that’s gonna happen is a bunch of repos at the 10 year mark. I bet the lawyers are just drooling right now.
absolutesantaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
RPR

Dealer gets a “commission” from the lender if it’s one the dealer sets up the buyer with. Would be interesting to see how that commission is figured. Last time we bought a new car that’s one question they asked. Who you financing with? And the line “We can give you a better deal if you go with so and so”.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #5

This is fascinating. I feel really bad for these folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutesantaja View Post
I still can’t figure out what the end game was there. The banks lent the money so the people obviously had enough credit to buy the rv. All that’s gonna happen is a bunch of repos at the 10 year mark. I bet the lawyers are just drooling right now.
The end game is getting a sale and putting money in their pockets. The loan company was granting 10 year loans. The dealer was telling them they were taking out 20 year loans and hiding it in the paper work. Once the loan was made, General RV got their money in full. Had most of these folks knew or even thought they were taking out 10 year contracts, they would have walked away, thus lost sales. They were essentially ripping off the loan company also because if the loan is defaulted, there is always a possibility they would not fully recover.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:59 AM   #6

I made that mistake of using the dealerships financing and I ended up refinancing with my bank 2 months in because it was so screwed up, the best thing you can tell the dealership is "i dont need your credit app my financing is all set". even if the dealership says we use that bank you never let them do the paperwork because they will always add to the interest rate and keep the extra
kwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalsh View Post
I made that mistake of using the dealerships financing and I ended up refinancing with my bank 2 months in because it was so screwed up, the best thing you can tell the dealership is "i dont need your credit app my financing is all set". even if the dealership says we use that bank you never let them do the paperwork because they will always add to the interest rate and keep the extra
That's what we've alway done- tell them we've got our own financing, and that it will be like a cash deal to them.
Then I watched a video about it- and next time, I'll do this- Tell them "We haven't decided" when they ask how we want to finance.

If they know up front that they won't be able to stick us with an expensive loan when they get us in the finance office, then they won't be willing to come down as much on the sale price of the vehicle.

So next time we'll shop all over the country, get the best price, then see how close our local dealer will come to that price. THEN maybe talk about financing, maybe not.

Appreciate all the information in these posts. Getting the best deal is a lifelong quest.