Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Getting my RV ready to sell

Due to record warm temperatures this weekend we are going to be able to pull our 2004 hybrid out and get it ready to sell. This will make room for our new Jayco trailer which we pick up in a few weeks.

We want to polish it up really well, and maybe wax it... besides a good cleaning does anyone have any suggestions on things they did to make their trailer sale ready?

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

I think you have it covered. Our previous TT we bought used and kept it less then a year before ordering the Jayco. We gave it a thorough cleaning. I put it on Craigslist and sold it in one day. I had 3 very interested parties, and the first ones to contact me took it home with them. Are you selling it privately or a trade in?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #3

You get hard side? I was going to go hybrid but decided not to because we camp in the snow too!
2007 Jayco Jayfeather 29A
Crackshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #4

Put some Aerospace 303 on the tires to make them look good. Check battery fluid level. Check all systems, furnace, AC, water heater, pump, etc. to make sure they are functioning correctly. A good sprucing up goes a long way.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

The cleaner and more attractive it is the quicker people will stop and look.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
Due to record warm temperatures this weekend we are going to be able to pull our 2004 hybrid out and get it ready to sell. This will make room for our new Jayco trailer which we pick up in a few weeks.

We want to polish it up really well, and maybe wax it... besides a good cleaning does anyone have any suggestions on things they did to make their trailer sale ready?
I sold an old TT on craigslist a while back the key is put a couple pics on craigslist and write a very detailed ad, but take 15 more so you can email to people that contact you. I had over 50 responces from the ad I ran. Ran it on a friday, saturday morning a guy came at 730am and pay me cash and take the TT with him. Asking price
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #7

Didn't do a thing to it, sold it in one day for asking price
Prodigy Brakes
robo59097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Site Team

I agree robo, good pics and a detailed description, and a willingness to demonstrate that all systems and appliances work will go a long way. Along with not asking TOO much for it. I got just what I paid for it, so I was happy.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #9

Put a pleasant smelling room deodorizer, take away that storage smell.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #10

Nothing sells like new or like new, so the cleaner the better. Clean out if you haven't already all your stuff and clean the storage areas and maybe if needed a little Febreeze to give it that nice clean smell. I sold mine off Craigslist in 3 days for just under asking which was below what you could buy something of similar size, quality and cleanliness for. If you price it too close to dealers pricing it will sit. If you go between trade in and retail your probaly right on and will get a flurry of interest. Agree with having plenty of pics and list any and all "extras" that might sweeten the pot for potetial buyers. That includes mods. It all add's up and saves the potential buyer $ so don't be affraid to call it out.

I cut and pasted the specs in the ad as well.

If you haven't had experience with CL due take note of scammers. Several people will contact you with ill intentions of scamming you so beware, and trust no one that cannot call you from a local or somewhat local phone number. I still had people e-mailing me about an old add three weeks after I pulled it trying to scam me.

Do you owe anything on it? Is the title clean with just you on it? If not you're going to need the release from the bank holding the note before they can legally own it. That can take 10 days to settle if not already. That letter and the title are the only way the new owner can register the new unit. At least here in NY that's the way it is.

Last point: Transaction payment should be cash first then some other secure form of payment. Check with your local bank on what might be best in your state as some have different laws as it pertains to types of secure guranteed checks. Also your bill of sale should read as is with no warranties and signed by both parties. I've known people burned by this in the past. Sucks that we've come to this.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll see tailights soon.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #11

I think everyone else said it right on the money. But be prepard for stupid question even when you have detailed info listed. People just dont read.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #12

Thanks for all the advice.. I did not think of running all the systems, but that makes sense. We own the trailer free and clear, so whatever money we make on it will be a nice boost to our family bank account.. But there is no pressure to get a set amount. There are very few used hybrids for sale in our province so that should be a plus..
The trailer itself is in really beautiful shape and has lots of extras like air conditioning, heated matresses, a barbq and a patio screen room attachment, so I am hoping it will go well.
The only delema we have in getting it ready is that we had a custom storage unit installed in the shower space as we did not use the shower and this trailer had almost no storage for clothes. We could remove the storage unit and replace the shower liner etc, because we kept it all in one piece, but we have decided to just give it to the buyer if they want it..
that way they have both options.. It would take them about an our to remove the unit and maybe two hours to resylicone the shower liner in place and connect the tap...
So we will see how it goes.. hopefully it is out of the driveway by the time the new one shows up

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #13

We are doing the same thing. the weather here in Ontario is going to be a nice 15 celsius on sat and 20celsius on sunday. Perfect spring weather. We just bought a X23B and cleaning out the 8ft box tent trailer this weekend and posting it on Kijjii. good luck with your sale!
sunstarsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
Thanks for all the advice.. I did not think of running all the systems, but that makes sense. We own the trailer free and clear, so whatever money we make on it will be a nice boost to our family bank account.. But there is no pressure to get a set amount. There are very few used hybrids for sale in our province so that should be a plus..
The trailer itself is in really beautiful shape and has lots of extras like air conditioning, heated matresses, a barbq and a patio screen room attachment, so I am hoping it will go well.
The only delema we have in getting it ready is that we had a custom storage unit installed in the shower space as we did not use the shower and this trailer had almost no storage for clothes. We could remove the storage unit and replace the shower liner etc, because we kept it all in one piece, but we have decided to just give it to the buyer if they want it..
that way they have both options.. It would take them about an our to remove the unit and maybe two hours to resylicone the shower liner in place and connect the tap...
So we will see how it goes.. hopefully it is out of the driveway by the time the new one shows up
Do you have any pics of the storage unit?