Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #11

Rv.net seems to always have someone complaining about GS lack of service. I have AAA but have not had to use them on the Rv I had or the trailer I have now, so I can't comment on them yet. I guess you already learned this, but next time look around on the internet/gps if you get an answer you don't like. You shouldn't have to since you are paying them, but sometimes you have to.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If you belong to RV NET Marcus has a thread that you use to let him know about it.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance
Putting this stuff out on a public forum must make the management of these companies cringe. And Grumpy gave some good advice. Write letters to these CEO's in their corporate offices and put them on notice. Burn the phone lines to these guys. The experiences described here are just horrible!

Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #13

Sounds like they really did you guys wrong , Start writing letters and tell every one of the poor service ! when you pay for a service you Exspect that service to work ... sorry that they didn't full fill what you have been charged for all these years .
2017 Eagle 330RSTS
2014 Ram 3500

herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
The issue perhaps being with the provider is a good point. The biggest complaints I've seen against roadside assistance is wait times. But that's not the motor club's fault. If the provider is having a busy day, you have no choice but to wait.
My dad owns a towing and repair shop. He refuses to do business with any motor club. Years ago he was a AAA affiliated business. He dropped them due to nonpayment. He would send them a bill for a certain amount and they would send him a check for the adjusted amount or what they thought the service was worth.

Now he gets phone calls all the time from different road services for people that are broke down. He turns down all the calls. Sometimes he gets calls for people over 100 miles away. The reason for that is the road service starts calling the closest tow truck and when they refuse the call, they call the next closest and work there way out.

So sometimes your wait is because nobody in the area will take the road service payment.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #15

I reckon it is time to buy a spare tire, pack all the tools and jack stands, and practice how to change those tires before we actually start out on a trip. That is, if you are physically able to do it. Some of these companies need to go out of business.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
The issue perhaps being with the provider is a good point. The biggest complaints I've seen against roadside assistance is wait times. But that's not the motor club's fault. If the provider is having a busy day, you have no choice but to wait.

Doc - the issue here is not with the provider - Good Sam told us they searched unsuccessfully in a radius of 80 miles for 16 inch tires, and then we found them within 2 miles after giving up on GSRA two days later. And then GS never bothered to call us back on Monday morning to see if we had solved the problem or not. They just dumped us out of their system for no reason.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #17

We've called GS 4 times (2 x dead battery, 2 x blowout). 3 excellent results, 1 poor. They have a grade of 75 at the moment.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #18

Well, we just purchased a reduced price 3 year contract with good sam roadside assistance. Had coverage on the vehicle with my insurance company and recently lost a water pump. Had them tow me to my service shop at home about 30 miles. Towing bill was $250. Insurance company reimbursed me $50. Good Sam would have reimbursed total I do believe. Guess we will be finding out if I have any problems starting now as I will use GS for future issues. Wish me luck!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #19

We've had AAA+ for 12 years or so. Found out if you have TV problem with TT in tow, they won't pick up the TT too. I guess they leave it there? Maybe send another tow truck, and YOU pay? We dropped AAA when they advocated to raise NYS gas tax by .12/gal to fix up roads!! I think we already pay tax to do that! Anyway, that was the last straw for them, Haven't had to use GS services yet.
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #20
Site Team

If you ever have to pony up to have a tt towed anywhere you will be looking for some coverage.
My understanding is with AAA, you have to have a rider for rv's. $$$

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote