Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #1

Good Sams Membership thoughts

Went to camping world yesterday [decieving fplks in my opinion]. I needed to buy some step rugs that had the radius. So i called over there it is a 2 hour drive and they said yes wqe have those in stock and we will match the on line price. Ok. I tell the wife and she is all up for going what we save on the price over semi local is enough to pay for the fuel and we can have lunch and get look at RVS. We get there and proceed to check out oh we only honor those on line prices for good sam members. So I do my bit hey i called in was told you price match,you even have the wrong ones laid out for me. Goes on for a few minutes and the line is forming I don't really care, feel like I was lied to. After a few minutes I hear we have this special buy a membership for 25.00 and we give you a coupon for 25 you can use right now and we will honor the online price. Thanks to the wife we are good sam members. I felt lied to.
Bill Mc
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #2

After the idiotic political rant their CEO went on, they'll never get another dime of my money.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
After the idiotic political rant their CEO went on, they'll never get another dime of my money.
What was his rant, i looked and didnt see it.
BillMc
Old 08-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
X2!!

CW is all about marketing and joining G Sams to CW membership was just a ploy to drag you in. After joining I was over ran with promo mailings for RV insurance, extended warrantees etc. Finally sent email to the CEO and said I'm done if I get one more mailing. Got a call and took me off the "mailing" list. Haven't gotten anything other than the regular Sales mags.

Would just as soon NOT be a Good Sams member.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #5

Just about everything in the store is a bit cheaper for members. All of their "sale" prices are only for members. I wouldn't say they lied to you, maybe they assumed you were members? I wouldn't consider buying an RV from them or using their service dept, but I do like their store for halfway decent prices and good selection.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #6

Been a Life Member since the late 70's so I think I've gotten my money's worth in CG discounts especially. I don't like the mailings, but that has been going on even before Marcus took over. Don't really buy much unless I'm close to a store and need something quick or it is a "really good" price.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMc40 View Post
What was his rant, i looked and didnt see it.
BillMc

He supports runaway illegal immigration and I guess he has no problem with the crimes committed by illegal aliens...

NASCAR will not return to Donald Trump resort
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Just about everything in the store is a bit cheaper for members. All of their "sale" prices are only for members. I wouldn't say they lied to you, maybe they assumed you were members? I wouldn't consider buying an RV from them or using their service dept, but I do like their store for halfway decent prices and good selection.
I explained in detail I was not a member and had no desire to be one. Wife says it didnt cost me a thing and to quit whinning. I am againest these clubs, these store cards for perks. Sell it to me for the price you offer, I hate walmart and will only go there if pushed to it.
BillMc
Old 08-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #9

Sorry i didn't realize that. Then that was definitely wrong and deceiving.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #10

Since the title of the thread is good sam's thoughts... Here is mine: why don't they have a reduced membership for international patrons?
I don't have flying j/pilot gas stations, I can't use their insurance programs or other discounted stuff. And the nearest CW is a 15 hour drive from here. The only benefit I would get out of it, is the occasional 10% off camping at some parks... Or maybe if I ordered something from CW, which I would never do because of the horrible shipping and duty taxes.
I have a koa membership because I camp at KOAs and the discount has paid for the membership. I have a yogi bear membership because it is free. No discount on camping but you get points towards free camping ( still haven't earned a free night yet in three years with this... But costs me nothing, so whatever).
I think a price around $10-$15 for international good Sam, would really bring in new members. And I might actually get value from it... Although, koa & yogi are really the only places that we camp locally... But when traveling maybe once a year, outside of the maritimes, I could possibly get some use out of good SAMs.
That's my 2 cents... Which due to current exchange rates is worth about Half a cent!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote