Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Site Team

Goodyear launches American-made 'Endurance' trailer tire

Goodyear launches American-made 'Endurance' trailer tire

"For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence. Millions of workers who haul equipment from job to job have echoed that desire.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear’s 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.

“Goodyear is proud and excited to introduce the Endurance, the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States,” said Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear’s North American consumer tire business.

A tire capable of transporting the heaviest and most crucial cargo, The Goodyear Endurance features Goodyear Durawall Technology, which helps resist sidewall cuts and punctures.

Available in Load Ranges D and E to accommodate larger trailer load capacities, the entire Endurance trailer line carries the N speed rating allowing consumers to travel at highway speeds. The Endurance also contains a wide range of features, including:
An optimized tread depth and decoupling groove, which help it remain cool while towing heavy loads;
Rugged fabric-steel construction, which offers improved durability and carrying capacity while remaining compatible with tire pressure monitoring systems and typical tire inflation stations;
A specialized inner liner, which minimizes air loss in trailer applications; and
A scuff guard, which helps protect sidewalls.

In addition to introducing the new Endurance, Goodyear has unveiled a brand new, special trailer size: ST 255/85R16. The Endurance is the only tire on the market available in that size.

“The launch of the Goodyear Endurance is an exciting development for consumers who want a durable, domestically manufactured tire that they can trust to carry their important cargo,” said Patterson. “Goodyear is proud to meet this need with the new Endurance.”

Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. "
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Prices seem reasonable, 6 year warranty on"Workmanship and Materials" and built in the great USA! What more can a guy ask for?

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #3

Thanks, Crabman. Glad you posted this. I'm am still OK with my current tires but hope to change in the near future.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #4

I'll wait to see some actual user reviews.
Just because they are American made doesn't automatically mean they are good.
But if they get good reviews, they'll be on my short list for replacement tires.
Glad to see some American made options for us.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #5

Great. I am getting ready to replace my 4 year old tow max tires with over 15k miles on them. I thought the decision was easy, just go get the maxxis. And now this. What is a guy to do.
Biggest Weber fan in the world.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #6

Our Whitehawk is supposed to be built on 2/15. Jayco rep says it's likely that it will be wearing the new Goodyear sneakers. Fingers crossed!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #7

Currently on the Jay Flights for sure, the new GY Endurance tires are a "mandatory option".

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
Our Whitehawk is supposed to be built on 2/15. Jayco rep says it's likely that it will be wearing the new Goodyear sneakers. Fingers crossed!
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #8

Glad to see something with a higher speed rating, finally. Yeah, a lot tow at 65, but lets get real. There are the others like me, that tow at 70 on the interstate. If you're gonna sell a trailer tire in the US, sell one that's rated for our speed limits, or at least most of them. I read this on RVBusiness earlier today. Good to see another option. I like my Maxxis, but like options as well.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #9

Thanks for posting this. This tire has the specs that I'm looking for. I really appreciate being able to buy a US produced tire. Thank you Goodyear!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
Same for my Jayflight 174BH. According to the dealer we were "upgraded" to Goodyear tires. We shall see.
mdeisenroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeisenroth View Post
Same for my Jayflight 174BH. According to the dealer we were "upgraded" to Goodyear tires. We shall see.
When I read this thread last night I decided to email my Jayco rep to see if he could confirm what tires we would get on our Whitehawk. And just like always he replied back to me first thing this morning and said that every trailer that Jayco builds from here on out (except for Bungalows) are getting Goodyears. So yes, our Whitehawk and your Jay Flight will be getting them. They appear to be almost a $400 "mandatory" option on Jay Flights now so looks like a bonus for you!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #12

great to hear !

I just checked, and they come in my size (14's) in Load Range D, N speed rating and under $500 for 4. I haven't had, or heard of any issues with the Raniers, but I'm glad to know I have this option now.
2015 Whitehawk 24RKS (sold)
2013 Ram 1500 (traded)
hemi8lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote