Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2021, 10:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyof5 View Post
What brand TPMS do you use i need a new one

TST

https://tsttruck.com/shop/kit-sales-...application=18

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #22

Yes on TPMS, saved us recently when it notified us of a blowout. I also carry a battery operated Impact. When I had to change the tire it was very helpful as it was 90 degrees outside.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:07 PM   #23

Exclamation Tire Monitoring

DW assumes the position of tire monitor... She reads out each tire pressure about every 10-15 minutes after starting out, and less frequently when comfortable that all is well. A tire with a tread problem will read higher pressure as it heats up more than the other tires, and one with a leak will read lower. The TPM reads temperature, but with the sensor outside the tire on the valve stem, it's in the sun and/or spinning in the wind I have not found that to be reliable. Higher pressure is going to indicate a hot tire - at least until it blows. I believe watching for pressure higher or lower out of line with the other tires indicates something that needs investigation - when you can find a safe place to pull over.
JohnAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:47 PM   #24

Lowes bought Craftsman, at least the name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I guess now we know why they are called Endurance tires,... they can endure a lot without coming apart. Lol! Sounds like you had a good ending there. No trailer damage is always good.

YEARS ago starting life in my own nest, I decided to buy some toys, jetski's. I had an issue with one and let the dealer repair it. That was the end of that. I decided if I'm having this stuff, I'm wrenching on it. I'm not paying someone an arm and a leg to do a job that I know I can do. That's when I decided i need tools. We HAD, past tense, a Sears around here that had a good size tool department. Paycheck was every other week, and I took my overtime money, and sometimes straight time money, and went on shopping sprees. Fast forward, today I have 1 triple stack toolbox and 1 double stack toolbox packed with just about every tool Craftsman made along with air compressors and air tools and a drill press. 6 or 7 years ago I discovered I needed a battery powered impact gun. I bought a impact and brushless drill combo. The impact is still going strong but the drill, very little use, crapped the farm. Good luck getting parts for it. I'm finding Sears and the Craftsman name are fading away. Our local sears store closed up about 3 years ago. I ended up replacing the drill with a Dewalt combo set from my local Lowes. It seems like their tool department is growing on a monthly basis. While on a road trip I needed a couple of tools and Lowes had exactly what I needed. I now have a nice on the road set of tools that I can fix just about anything.

Long and short of it, I'd stay away from the Craftsman stuff. It's getting harder to find out there and I think the quality is going downhill. I have yet to break anything Dewalt and i use their stuff at work every day and it's used hard. The Lowes Kobalt stuff seems pretty heavy duty and if it breaks, you take it to any Lowes, and theres a lot of them out there, and they give you a brand new one.
Lowes carries the Craftsman brand now. I've been able to pick up some additions to my 35 year old Craftsman tools, but like you I'm no longer wedded to the brand. I don't know if they honor the old lifetime warranty. I've had good luck with a couple of Cobalt tools, also from Lowes, so I think that's a good option.
JimBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:47 PM   #25

I have been using Tireminder A1A for 8 years now. When I had an issue with the repeater,/booster, they discussed it with me over the phone, had me email them some photos and they promptly replaced it. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:05 PM   #26

I am having a TPMS installed - the one that goes with the JAYCOMMAND system. Does anyone else use that one? Was wondering if it would display on my phone while driving.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #27

QUESTION... You said you removed the damaged tire , but had to wait a week for a replacement, yet if I'm following correctly you were still able to travel. Did you have dual tires and run on one, or have a temp that was "good enough" or....? I've never had an issue yet with my tires, so I'm not sure how it works, other than that "call Good Sam" part! :-)
cheyennebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples16127 View Post
I have a set of Ridgid battery operated power tools purchased from Home Depot, I like Ridgid because the tools, batteries and chargers have a lifetime service agreement. So far they have replaced two chargers, four batteries and repaired two tools for me at no charge. This was over a five year period and I use the tools several times a week.
X2 on Ridgid. Even the battery is lifetime and they are well
made. My craftsman will not break a lug nut loose (does not have the nads) but the Ridgid impact has tq to break them all loose.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #29

Probably put their spare on.
jmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennebill View Post
QUESTION... You said you removed the damaged tire , but had to wait a week for a replacement, yet if I'm following correctly you were still able to travel. Did you have dual tires and run on one, or have a temp that was "good enough" or....? I've never had an issue yet with my tires, so I'm not sure how it works, other than that "call Good Sam" part! :-)
Probably put spare on.
jmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennebill View Post

If you're asking me, the OP, then yes, we put the spare on. The crank that lowers the spare on the cable wound on the drum work very well- easier than I had guessed.

I ended getting a Craftsman cordless impact (Porter Cable molded in red). the drive nut for the little crank that lowers and raises the spare is the same size as the lug nuts, so it will be even easier "next time" using the cordless driver.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote