Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 07:33 AM   #1

Graduated front/back levelor for camper

Has anyone used one they like? Twice this summer, I've been in a campsite that actually seemed pretty level and after pulling the car away, I found the front of the camper was too low even though I had the tongue fully extended and on a big block of wood. I see a Hopkins one that has two (one for side to side and one for front/back) and a Camco one that is evidently big enough to see in rearview mirror. I really don't want to have to use screws. And want one that will corresponds to how many inches the front will have to be raised.
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #2

I installed one of the large "see from your truck" levels on the front of our travel trailer. I used double sided automotive trim attachment tape, by 3M, and so far it is holding well. I also did not want to drill holes. I may seal around the edges with a silicone. The front of our trailer is fiberglass so it was a smooth surface.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #3

I just use a 30 inch long carpenters level. Across the back bumper for side to side before unhooking and in the doorway for front to back after unhooking. I'm not a fan of screwing anything to the front or side of my TT. That and finding a place perfectly level for when you attach them.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #4

I use the Hopkins leveler for the front/back level. I used double stick tape and mounted it on the curbside of the trailer. For side to side leveling I use a 24" carpenters level and plumb the sidewall, as I back onto my Andersen levelers.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote