Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #1

Great Jayco service

I thought I'd post my experience this week with our local (60 miles away) Jayco dealer (TCRV Traverse City, MI). Most posts are about the poor service or quality.

This past weekend, my family camped at a Jellystone park in Indian River, Michigan. After all is said and done, we fired up our hot water heat and continued to set up the outside area. While adding our exterior lights, I noticed a burnt electrical smell, but figure it was a campfire nearby burning trash. After a short time, I went inside to get the remote control for our awning and noticed the smell was coming from under our bunk beds in the rear of the camper. I shut everything off and tried the hot water. It was warm, but not as hot as normal. I then turned the systems on trying the gas and electric, but nothing worked on the hot water. The next step was to pull out the manual and look for troubleshooting advice and then the internet. Nothing helped solve the issue. I shut off the whole system and breaker afterward to insure no electricity could go to the circuit. The next morning I called our dealer and spoke with the service manager about our issues. We walked through the entire scheme that I learned the day before from different sources. At that point he said, that is all you can do yourself. The next day after camping the weekend, I towed the camper to the dealer with a note and called the next morning. By the time I called (9:00 AM when it opened), the manager had already seen my note and started to trouble shoot the issue. By evening he called and said it was fixed but they wanted to continue to test the hot water heater all night and the next morning. Within 2 days they had it complete and it was back home. Awesome service! We are camping again tonight! The problem ended up being the relay behind the water heater fried.
Pcschwenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

Thank you for sharing. Its great to hear the great service stories. Renews your faith that there are great dealers out there.

Happy Camping.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #3

That IS awesome service. Thanks for sharing.
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote