Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2016, 05:53 AM   #1

Has anyone made it to the Jayco Wizard?

Just wondering, has anyone made contact with anyone with any authority at Jayco? I've been dealing with a multitude of issues of my 4 month old unit since day one. I have called Jayco numerous times and my impression is not good. It reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz". Not trying to be funny. Their response, you need to call your dealer. I've had 10X the support with 10 year old unit from other manufactures over the years. I remember playing that game in school, your going down the line telling another person the same thing. By the time it gets to the intended party its so twisted the information is not even correct. At this point, I'm waiting for the dealer to send their finding to Jayco before I call again. But if I'm not satisfied, I intend to write myself with the whole story since taking delivery of the unit. I'm glad of one thing. I've kept a log of everything because I couldn't imagine trying to remember everything later.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:58 AM   #2

Sorry to hear that. While I have not called Jayco directly, our local dealer has always made everything right. What are some of the issues and what camper do you have?

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:18 AM   #3

Have a 2016 375BHFS, I just had it at the dealer, Currently 34 legit item. Not including over 20 I repaired myself just to save it from self destruction from water. Don't want to get involved in depth with everything until I hear Jayco response. But here's an example: My roof looks like a roller coaster track. I was hearing thousands at the dealer for a fix. So, not happy after spending all I can afford and being in this situation.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Have a 2016 375BHFS, I just had it at the dealer, Currently 34 legit item. Not including over 20 I repaired myself just to save it from self destruction from water. Don't want to get involved in depth with everything until I hear Jayco response. But here's an example: My roof looks like a roller coaster track. I was hearing thousands at the dealer for a fix. So, not happy after spending all I can afford and being in this situation.
If your dealer has not made contact with JAYCO they have no way to verify the issues. That is why they tell you to go there first.

Your roof is under warranty, why do you think it will cost you thousands? If you have such a crappy dealer why not make an appointment and drop it off at the factory Service Center?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #5

Wow, ok grumpy. First off, I don't have a truck since I'm not rich like most. Didn't buy to haul, have a permanent storage and lot. I did hire an outfit to take to dealer and back. Never posted my dealer was crappy you stated that. And I didn't imply It was costing me thousand, that was the quote I heard from service to repair under warranty.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #6

It appeared that you did imply it was costing you thousands. That's how I read it anyways.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Wow, ok grumpy. First off, I don't have a truck since I'm not rich like most. Didn't buy to haul, have a permanent storage and lot. I did hire an outfit to take to dealer and back. Never posted my dealer was crappy you stated that. And I didn't imply It was costing me thousand, that was the quote I heard from service to repair under warranty.
Sorry, but that is what you insinuated since you stated and I quote:

"My roof looks like a roller coaster track. I was hearing thousands at the dealer for a fix. So, not happy after spending all I can afford and being in this situation.

No where did you mention "warranty".

As I stated JAYCO will not jump in unless you have been unable to resolve the issue thru the dealer, just like GM or FORD or CHRYLSER. If you call or write them and you haven't let a dealer work on the issue they will tell you the same thing.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #8

I understand, Sorry I didn't specify. Thinking many would assume due to warranty. Will try to re read from now on. Been kinda stress with everything going lately and get things in order for storage. Hopefully, good news coming from Jayco.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #9

We didn't even mess with the dealer, we made an appointment with the factory service center, and took it there. We had a 4 day mini-vacation while they fixed everything, and even caught a couple of things that we hadn't noticed.

Great folks there, and a great experience.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #10

Yes, if I lived anywhere close to the factory I would take mine their for repairs.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote