Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #1

Have You Ever Wondered

Have you ever wondered what day of the week your unit was built or completed? Would Jayco even tell you?
Aggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Do you think you have a Monday build by chance?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #3

They are built in 6 hours, so only 1 day is involved.

Your sticker should show the date of manufacture. Look it up on a calendar to see the day of the week.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #4

No wondering here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie79 View Post
Have you ever wondered what day of the week your unit was built or completed? Would Jayco even tell you?

No doubt mine was one of the first units off the line with a rookie crew...
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #5

Could care less, its just a trailer, LOL
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:46 AM   #6

Don't know the exact date, but the original Certificate of Origin which is issued by Jayco for every RV they make is dated 01/23/17.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Do you think you have a Monday build by chance?
Maybe Monday after the Super Bowl or on a "I'm out of here" Friday.
Aggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Could care less, its just a trailer, LOL
If you "could care less" that means you do care some.
The saying is "couldn't care less" as in "I care zero or not at all, so there is no way that I could care less."
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
The saying is "couldn't care less" as in "I care zero or not at all, so there is no way that I could care less."
I have noticed saying could care less is very common in the US rather than the correct couldn't care less. It was just one of the adjustments I had to make when I moved to the US.

Still have to hold myselft when someone indicates 2 with a v sign palm facing away from me. It can be amusing to explain what it means
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
I would of found it to be a problem, but irregardless its just the way people talk today. People aks me questions all the time and sometimes i can't understand them. I see old codgers writing in strange hiroglifics and all i know is block letters.

My wife is a teacher who just retired after 45 years in the profession. If you really knew how dummed up American kids have become, you would be shocked.

I'm an Engineer and just before I retired I worked with a Chinese company and you can't imagine how schmart those young engineer guys are.

Rant over....Oh woe is me my Jayco mattress hurts my back....
Old 05-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post

My wife is a teacher who just retired after 45 years in the profession. If you really knew how dummed up American kids have become, you would be shocked.

That's precisely why we home school our 3 kids. Our oldest graduated HS and will be going to Cedarville University Nursing program. Wants to be a USAF flight nurse.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
That's precisely why we home school our 3 kids. Our oldest graduated HS and will be going to Cedarville University Nursing program. Wants to be a USAF flight nurse.
IMHO, 100% home schooling lights too many red flags and causes problems in the future. But that's another story. If that's your choice, more power to you.

Our 2 boys went to public school AND were home schooled. One is now a Licenced Master Social Worker, and the other is District Manager for a Worldwide US Corporation.

In my last years as a Licensed Professional Engineer I had to work with a number of young Ivy League Engineering graduates. They were all at the top of their class, and brilliant scientists to boot, but none of them had enough street smarts to work with anybody else in the factory.

Sorry for another rant, and sorry to go off topic.

For the holiday weekend, we're going to camp (as usual), so one of my tasks is to check the mfg date on our beloved 195. Virtually trouble-free for 5 years now, so when we return I'll post the day of the week she was born.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #13

Quote:
They are built in 6 hours, so only 1 day is involved.

Your sticker should show the date of manufacture. Look it up on a calendar to see the day of the week.
It's also a good way to see if your dealer is BS-ing you about how long he was waiting. Since a unit doesn't ship until paid for, it could be sitting at the plant longer than the dealer will admit.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #14

Do you think it would matter? All Jayco builds are poor construction...... the reason for a 2 year warranty. Will not buy another one as it was a big mistake
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #15

We just took delivery on our 2020 Greyhawk MVP and I know exactly when it was built!

I called the Jayco rep for our area and he was nice enough to tell me the built date & completion date but not delivery date.

He did assure me that everyone wanted me to have that unit asap so they could get their money!!

Sure enough shortly after completion date it was brought to the dealer.

We were on a real time crunch and all were very helpful!

We were so very lucky that all, from buying a vehicle, getting the work done for towing, finding no issues with the MH (knock on wood!!), being trained on a ton of things (flat towing, new to Class C, etc), went very smoothly!

Chris
Old 05-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #16

Quote:
I would of found it to be a problem, but irregardless its just the way people talk today. People aks me questions all the time and sometimes i can't understand them. I see old codgers writing in strange hiroglifics and all i know is block letters.

I'm an Engineer and just before I retired I worked with a Chinese company and you can't imagine how schmart those young engineer guys are.

Rant over....Oh woe is me my Jayco mattress hurts my back....
You might want to work on “irregardless” and “hiroglifics” before you go after those summed up kids...
Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungus View Post
You might want to work on “irregardless” and “hiroglifics” before you go after those summed up kids...
Thank you for your comments. I guess you missed my sarcasm. I DO know good spilling and grammare. My errant post was to illustrate how other uneducated people often talk on Internet forums. Obviously, you aren't one of them.

But then again, maybe it isn't a matter of being uneducated, but maybe it's more of how our society has become - lazy and just don't care what others think of us.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #18

Quote:

For the holiday weekend, we're going to camp (as usual), so one of my tasks is to check the mfg date on our beloved 195. Virtually trouble-free for 5 years now, so when we return I'll post the day of the week she was born.
OK, I made a mistake. The sticker listed month and year only. Sooooo, when we returned I e-mailed Jayco with the SN to get the DAY.

She was born on a Wednesday. Not a Monday or Friday. So, she was not an orphan after all.

Five years with trouble-free service. I don't know if it was an anomaly or the day of the week means anything.

Irregardless (LOL) I'm a happy camper, except for the fact that it rained all of the Holiday weekend....
Old 05-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #19

That’s hilarious! You are absolutely right though. If someone says the could care less, that means there is a quantifiable amount of care that they do embrace! Who knows, maybe it’s knowing what day of the week in which their trailer wad made! Sorry, I couldn’t resist!
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #20

I don't think my build date makes any difference since my VIN ends in 666